Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive lighting

Hi all,

I need your input. If you have had bodywork, please let me know how long yours took and the extent of the damage.

On Non 24, I hit a deer. I made the mistake of thinking that my uncles body shop could repair it. After the Thanksgiving holiday, I had to have it repaired at a qualified body shop. So the car was delivered to that body shop on Dec. 5th. State Farm finally completed the estimate on Dec. 12th. So this qualified body shop has been working on my CT sine Dec. 12th. Yesterday, I called the shop and they said that it should be finished around the end of next week. Jan 23rd? Seriously? 43 days. Is this normal? There was $10,000 worth of damage. The bumper, hood, windshield, front fender, and rear quarter panel.

Similar damage, how long did your take?

Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep... they started to work on it when you called, yesterday. I had a car that needed every single panel repaired or replaced due to hail and that job took only two weeks. Now, could be they were waiting for parts, but that does seem excessively long even with the holidays in there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's WAY too long! Maybe they know you're related to someone that works there, and put you low on the priority list because you're going to get a reduced rate.

How are you getting around? Do you have a rental, another car you can use, or are you just dealing with it? In any event, you're WAY more patient than me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts