Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've read through a lot of reviews and posts about how the car performs in winter and snow, and it appears that when good winter tires are installed, the car can be safely driven. However, I haven't seen anyone mention specifically about the ground clearance on mushy roads. I've only spent one winter in Canada so this is kind of all new to me. I can see the car "plowing" through some dry soft snow, but the "texture" of the icy mush on some plowed roads appear a lot denser. Is this going to be a problem for the low clearance? I will be doing 80% of my driving in the city and so I think a hybrid makes sense, but on snowy days, I've noticed that many plowed areas leave major humps/ruts/ridges of mush in the middle of the roads and I'm a bit worried about getting "stuck." Anyone with experience to share? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. That's reassuring. I've heard horror stories of undercarriage getting scraped and damaged by hardened snow. Is the clearance 5.9"? If so then yes, it's probably not too bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toronto was pretty bad this past winter, but I'm sure Chicago wasn't too pleasant either :)
Didn't know about the plastic part.
I think I'll pull the trigger then. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts