Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their entertainment system with the New VLine VL2 System for 2011 - 2012 Lexus CT200h with Nav? I really like this system as it keeps all the original functions plus add Android Auto and Apple CarPlay without changing the factory radio/audio system. I was about to pull the trigger today but wanted to know if anybody here has it installed in their CT200h. There is video on YouTube showing the installation in a 2015 Lexus CT200h but that does not work with the 2012 CT200h as you have to connect the VL2 to the Multimedia ECU located on the rear console instead of the factory radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm very interested for this unit as well but I am a little skeptical about it. My main fear is the installation process. I don't have any experience in these stuff and I am not sure if an aftermarket car electrician will be able to install it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got the GROM VLine VL2 for 2012 Lexus CT200h delivered today. Here some unboxing photos. BTW, it looks very professional and well packaged.

Hardness cable (5 ft) is long enough to place the VL2 in the glove compartment as the ECU is right under USB/AUX port and the VL2 connects to the ECU, not to the factory radio.

I'm going to make a video of the installation and will post photos as well. I have the 2012 Lexus CT200h service manual so it should be easy to install this guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts