Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurray

Finaly picked it up today.

Sorry for the poor picture Ive had to many buttons to play with this afternoon !

I have only done 30km so far but to those of you still waiting hang in there the car just feels so right when you are driving it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gz, many more months till I get mine.

How does it compare with your Civic hybrid?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gz, many more months till I get mine.

How does it compare with your Civic hybrid?
Hi Johnleigh

It is way way better than my Civic Hybrid was to name a few points.....

The fuel economy is better (Honda changed the firmware on the civic to protect the batteries and made the mpg Much worse)

The build quality is better

The driving position in the CT is great

You couldn't drive the honda just on EV it's electric motor is only about 10Kw so it's just a boost for the engine. The CT is more powerful.

Just driving the CT puts a smile on your face.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats. We can't get the F-sport here and I have to say I am envious - great colour, great wheels. I would be itching to change that bottom grille though - wonder why Lexus opted to have them mismatched?

Great looking ride. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks
Not sure why they did that with the grilles over hear but there all like it here.

The weather looks good tomorrow so we shall go for a drive up in to the hills I must remember to take my camera !

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Thanks
Not sure why they did that with the grilles over hear but there all like it here.

The weather looks good tomorrow so we shall go for a drive up in to the hills I must remember to take my camera !
I don't think the lower F-sport grille we get in the states will fit the Aussie F-sport car. The lower spoiler and grill on the F-sport is a different shape and wider compared with the regular CT.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Congrats! Sooooo jealous that you can get that color and we in the US can't. I too love those smoke colored wheels.

So does your car actually have the F Sport springs? Car really doesn't look any lower than the OEM CT's found here in the US.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
It sounds like the F-Sport models just have cosmetic differences. I LOVE YOUR CAR though!

·
Registered
222 Posts
beautiful car! i think you're the first official ct200h factory f sport owner i've seen on any of the forums.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
It sounds like the F-Sport models just have cosmetic differences. I LOVE YOUR CAR though!
Ya there is no performance differences and I don't even think they add F-sport springs or something along those lines.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what it lists on the Ozy Lexus web site

Suspension

CT 200h
Prestige

Suspension Front
- Suspension description
L-arm type MacPherson Strut

Suspension - rear
- Suspension description
Trailing arm double wishbone

CT 200h
F Sport
Alternate suspension
- Alternate suspension type
Sport
Suspension - front
- Suspension description
L-arm type MacPherson Strut

Suspension - rear
- Suspension description
Trailing arm double wishbone

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya there is no performance differences and I don't even think they add F-sport springs or something along those lines.
Here we go I have the answer for you better than the info in my last post ! Your answer is right at the bottom :D

New performance dampers

In a Lexus first , performance dampers are standard on the
F Sport and Sports Luxury models. Found on a very limited number of performance cars, these performance body dampers are located in the front and rear of the CT 200h and have been carefully tuned to increase overall stability and suppress road vibration as well as body distortion when cornering.

Double wishbone rear suspension

The CT 200h has a trailing arm double wishbone rear suspension. The suspension has enhanced roll rigidity and unsprung weight is reduced with exclusively developed and lightened parts, resulting in excellent agility and ride comfort.
The F Sport features unique suspension tuning for an even sportier performance, with adjustments made to the shock absorbers and coil spring rate on both the front and rear suspension.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
beautiful car! i think you're the first official ct200h factory f sport owner i've seen on any of the forums.
Thanks cenix

I thought I was never going to get it !

I had not realized until I posted on the forum how few F-Sport CT's there are at the moment.

In had originally looked at the base model here the Prestige as it was a good price but the dealers had all put extras on them leather and sun roofs which took the price up (so not really the base model any more !), i really wanted the built in nav ( not available here here on the Prestige ) and so looking at the next model up and what I wanted on it I was better off going for the F-Sport with all the bells and whistles already on it ! That's what I told my self anyway.

I told my 15 year old son I had ordered the base model though so you should have seen his face when I turned up to pick him up from school yesterday "priceless"

I have to keep peaking through the door into the garage and looking at it ! (the wife thinks I'm mad)

It's very early in the morning here now but later we are off for a drive up Mt Dandenong to give it a small work out :D

I will report back........

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Oh sorry, I stand corrected :) I'm glad they offered more stuff like that for F-Sport models. Its too bad there wasn't an HP add

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh sorry, I stand corrected :) I'm glad they offered more stuff like that for F-Sport models. Its too bad there wasn't an HP add
No need to be sorry that's the great thing about this forum we can disscuss these things.

The dealership tells you so many things about the different models they start to blend in to each other and when someone mentioned the suspension I thought I'm sure the salesman mentioned it was different or maybe I miss heard or may be he was a salesman ! So I looked it up and pasted that above from the Lexus web site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts