Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CT200h.jpg

We drove up to the dealership in an '06 Scion xB on Monday, and after more than five hours of old-boy car sales tactics, we drove off in a new Nebula Gray Pearl CT 200h Premium, with NAV. Love the car, hated the sales experience, and really hated being force-fed an $800 LoJack that we ddn't want. "But it will save you money on your insurance policy." Yep, sure did: the insurance discount is 90 cents -- less than a dollar!

Back to the CT, we are really pleased with car so far. I am thinking of adding the f-sport sway bar kit and lowering springs. I've already ordered a hitch from e-trailer.com to work with my Yakima bike carrier. And I am looking at the Yakima roof rack as well, for those runs to Home Depot.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sorry that you had a 'not so stellar' dealer experience. If you have the NAV system, I think Lexus can find your car if its reported stolen to the "authorities".... I would ask Lexus to confirm this and then discuss this with the dealer's sales Manager...especially if you voiced your displeasure about the LoJack system and tried to get it removed during your 5 hour marathon "dealing". LoJack + Lexus (if) being able to find your car seems redundant and the sales person should have known this. That's my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to decide whether or not to have a hitch installed so that I can use a bike carrier. I've heard horror stories of people ending up by scratches all over the rear of their cars from the bicycle handlebars/tires shifting during transport. Have you used this kind of carrier before? If so, have you had any issues?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome. It does seem to take a long time in the dealership and they try to sell you lots of extras. My experiance was a little different because my wife and I picked up the CT on the day the dealership was having the official launch of the CT. Our CT was displayed in the showroom and they had appies and drinks and the place was just buzzing.

I am in Seattle evey couple of months so if you ever see a yellow one with BC plates it is probably me.

Have fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Have you used this kind of carrier before? If so, have you had any issues?
I had the same setup on my Scion XB, and had no problems with the bikes contacting the cars. I used a bunjee cord to be sure that the handlebars and wheels stayed in one position as an extra margin of safety, though. On the xB, the hitch receiver would occasionally contact the ground when I had passengers or if I encountered too steep of an incline. I suspect this will not happen with the CT because the suspension is stiffer.

When I install everything, I'll take pictures and report back on the setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts