Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Uber excited to pick up my ct200h next week!!! Happy to see that there is already a well established forum for this model car. Time to catch up on some reading :p

232 Posts
Very interested to know how does CT200h performs in frigid temperatures. Most of the owners are from temperate to hot temperature areas, I am interested to know real life behavior of the hybrid under extremely cold continued subfreezing temperatures. Do you use synthetic engine oils, i.e. Mobil 1 or equivalent? How about snow covered roads? Do you change to more aggressive winter threads?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Very interested to know how does CT200h performs in frigid temperatures. Most of the owners are from temperate to hot temperature areas, I am interested to know real life behavior of the hybrid under extremely cold continued subfreezing temperatures. Do you use synthetic engine oils, i.e. Mobil 1 or equivalent? How about snow covered roads? Do you change to more aggressive winter threads?
ALWAYS use snow tires in the winter climates. I live in Central Ontario, and the CT does NOT perform at all without proper snow tires in the winter. You will have an accident!
I purchased Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires and had them mounted on the factory rims. They worked great last winter and I got through everything winter threw at me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ALWAYS use snow tires in the winter climates. I live in Central Ontario, and the CT does NOT perform at all without proper snow tires in the winter. You will have an accident!
I purchased Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 snow tires and had them mounted on the factory rims. They worked great last winter and I got through everything winter threw at me.
Great testimony considering Barrie, ON gets a lot of snow! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ALWAYS put snows on all of my cars.... its like night n day and worth every penny. I'm not sure what the fuel economy is gonna b like this this but I'll find out this winter. I put on pirelli's on my last car so i'll have to c what i'm goin to put on this. Must hunt down some steelies tho as my others don't fit them.

I haven't changed oil in this car so I'll have to decide when the time comes.. probs will do synthetic :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts