Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i think i read on here before about people not liking the green interior lighting,

i was wondering if anyone has swapped it yet?

I this from another forum, I dont know if it has been posted, but it seems interesting, and i wish i could get this done to my ct

DIY: How to swap LEDs - Club Lexus Forums

This is not a CT though

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's pretty awesome, but I am not that bold.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Dang, that's a LOT of work! Not worth all of that effort IMO!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
thats an acura TL.. most of thost lights are standard save from the really bright blue ones near the clock
Did you ever open the link showing the pictures and the description of how he changed out the led's, I don't see any Acura stuff there? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya it isnt an acura...

but anyways.. i used to own a civic, and i see people switiching out the colours easily since they were just individual bulbs, but for this car, they are leds that are welded to boards, whcih i am scared of short circuiting since we have a hybrid with so much technology...

but the green really makes eth car look dated compared to the white

·
Registered
131 Posts
ya it isnt an acura...

but anyways.. i used to own a civic, and i see people switiching out the colours easily since they were just individual bulbs, but for this car, they are leds that are welded to boards, whcih i am scared of short circuiting since we have a hybrid with so much technology...

but the green really makes eth car look dated compared to the white
Just to clarify, the interior electronic is no different from any other car, you still have 12V and you wont blow the electric engine by blowing a fuse in the coupé :) If you are inside the radio and makes a fault you will blow the radio, amp, speakers(not likely) or a fuse somewhere. Its expensive enough, but you wont risk blowing the hybrid system :D

Its no hard operation, the hard part usually is to choose the right kind of led. You want it to be the same color as the rest, you want it to be right brightness (brighter than the rest looks bad and is irritating for the eyes, less bright than rest looks bad) and you need it to be the right voltage and amps.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Just curious, if anyone was to do this and accidentally welded super bright LEDs; does the brightness control that controls the dash lights control the brightness of the console lights too? Maybe something to think about if you're driving in the pitch black and can't adjust your console lights. LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts