Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of these for my CT and it works perfectly so I thought I should share the info.

See pics below.....

When I was tacking delivery of my CT and had it with me ready The Lexus Dealer was very impressed at how well it fitted in to the CT.

Its just a normal USB stick BUT extreamly small thus making it perfect to fit in to the small space provided on the CT, the best bit is you can close the top cover / door with the USB stick still in place.

They come in 4Gb, 8Gb & 16Gb I have the 8Gb and got 2000 mp3's on it.

Its made by Lacie and is called the MosKeyto you can get them at

www.lacie.com or they are on Ebay search for Lacie USB

And here it is in the CT

·
Registered
267 Posts
I almost bought this a while back, but decided to save some money by getting a Kingston MicroSD card that came with a USB adapter for $6 on Amazon. The Lacie one is much better looking, though...but then when you close that cover who'd ever know? :D
I may consider getting this again someday since I keep the cover open now for the GPS.

·
Registered
152 Posts
what does the display show when you're playing music from the usb?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does the display show when you're playing music from the usb?
Do you have navigation ?

I can post some pictures later if you like

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, please post pics of what the nav displays. Thanks for the tip. Amazon's got the 8Gb for about $23 so I might order since it's free shipping if you've got Prime.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, please post pics of what the nav displays. Thanks for the tip. Amazon's got the 8Gb for about $23 so I might order since it's free shipping if you've got Prime.
Ok in will take some in the morning and post them up

·
Registered
209 Posts
I saw than and I was wondering if it would fit as you say. Thanks a lot, I've already ordered one from Amazon as I don't know if they will still be available in October, which is when I'll get my CT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Steve, I suppose you cannot select songs while your car is in motion?
That is a major issue for me so I'm just sticking with playing music via BT from my iphone now.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
That is a major issue for me so I'm just sticking with playing music via BT from my iphone now.
If its anyway like playing songs via Ipod connected through USB instead of BT or AUX then the song name is displayed, and you can change songs while driving but only via the Up button (Next song) so you can't browse through a list. Also the delay between songs as you press next song is a few seconds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
iPhone iSO 5 will make it so on bluetooth it will show the song and artist on display.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As Darkride has said you can skip through them on the steering wheel.

mine seems quite quick, I do have all the songs in the root folder at the moment and I did read somewhere the more levels of folders you have the slower it gets. (that was on a Toyota site)

I have a top 2000 songs ever album on there at the moment and have it set on Random, thats about 100hrs of music ! So should keep me going for a while.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is a picture of the USB screen, let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here is a picture of the USB screen, let me know if you need more info.

In addition to the "Random" button, they need to have a "Random Album" button too. I wonder if they can add it through a software upgrade?

·
Registered
25 Posts
As Darkride has said you can skip through them on the steering wheel.

mine seems quite quick, I do have all the songs in the root folder at the moment and I did read somewhere the more levels of folders you have the slower it gets. (that was on a Toyota site)

I have a top 2000 songs ever album on there at the moment and have it set on Random, thats about 100hrs of music ! So should keep me going for a while.
yeah...but sometimes (while driving) I want to immediately listen to a particular song or a particular artist, and I can't really do that efficiently with only the up and down arrows of the steering wheel. I can do it with my iPhone/iPod no problem though.

But song change in USB indeed is much faster than the apple products, I'll give credit for that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I have just been out in my CT again (only got it Friday) and I tried to change the music playing from the USB and it let me change / Select and change albums while I was driving, I was traveling at about 70kmh.

I guess the Ozy ones must have it enabled :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
wow, great! i thought that there was no small sticks that could fit to CT =)
will try to find it on ebay...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Amazon UK has another one which appears to be as small as the LaCie device:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts