Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And got to say I'm pretty happy about the move. I know this is a CT forum and there might be some bias towards the CT, but figured I'd just share some of my thoughts for those who may be battling w/ the wait.

Not sure if any of you all have test driven it, but if you're not set on having to have the extra seats it sure is a fun car to drive and you should go give it a shot. Sport Mode definitely a lot more responsive, vehicle feedback keeps you a lot more engaged, and just the overall ride/throttle response feels better. Interior styling and quality seems to be better as well. From the CT's go kart like steering wheel to the cheap looking plastic radio panel, I was very disappointed in what was suppose to be a "Luxury" vehicle's interior. Which was kind of the reason I was so set on having the NAV, to make the interior look more appealing. But after sitting in the Honda, it not only felt more comfortable, the design was made to cater to the driver. The GPS unit is pointed towards the driver, air conditioning controls very conveniently placed by the wiper lever, audio/bluetooth controls on the steering wheel...all in all just a better car for the driver.

Now gas mileage wise, it's suppose to get 35cty/39hwy...but those numbers seem to be low. Average 48.5mpg on a 40 mile trek home, and normally avg 42.3mpg at lunch looking for somewhere to eat.

Anyhow, I must say I was excited about the CT, but after waiting 2-3months the excitement began to fade. Not sure if any others are experiencing the same, but figured I chime in to share my thoughts to let ppl know Honda does make a great alternative to the Lexus Hybrid if you're still shopping. I know the seats are probably the biggest set back between the CT and CR-Z, but hey for those who have extra cars and are flexible in seating it may be an option.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
The CRZ is a nice car, just didn't fit what I needed for space. Isn't it only a two-seater?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The CRZ has not been a big seller for Honda due to the limited market of a 2 seat vehicle. I don't think it is in the same class as the CT200h and is priced accordingly at $10,000 less than the Lexus. The CT200h being a 4 door with a full back seat (not the roomiest) offers the owner much more options. 2 couples are not going out to dinner together in a CRZ.
Beauty is eye of the beholder. The CRZ is a very nice car. Enjoy.

Starfire Pearl, Ct200h premium, Navigation, Black Nulux interior

·
Registered
25 Posts
I test drove a CR-Z manual. It was a fun car to drive, but the wife really didnt like the interior color choice. US market gets the shaft again on japanese made cars. Japan and Europe markets get leather, sunroof, and even a rear seat inplace of cargo trays(though based on the size I dont see how comfortable they would be).

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had my eye on this car at the Honda dealership when I was searching for hybrids, but, for some reason, everyone's biggest peeve about it was being a 2-seater. I kind of liked it being that way (makes the car mine to drive only). I really liked it. The interior looked pretty cool. I could have been in one if the CT wasn't available.
Our neighborhood Pizza/Sub delivery guy has one of these in that bright blue color. Looks awesome. I think it's doing good for the business. I've seen it roll around at least 3 times a week making deliveries.
Anyway, congrats on your new car!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Interesting to know that the real world mileage is much higher than sticker. When I saw the sticker #'s on this car, I thought, what a waste, why would someone sacrifice for a small car and mileage really isn't that much better than a standard Civic? But now knowing you're getting much higher mileage, this car isn't so bad after all.

Not that popular a car though I must say, as I've only seen 2 in my life (and one is in a driveway I drive past every day).... :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I test drove a red 6MT model. I liked the shifter and the engine was pretty peppy. I was sorta let down by the handling. It just didn't feel as sharp as I'd hoped. It is a much sharper car in person than photos, though. The 2 seats were dealbreakers. Ultimately, I need a 4 seater for (hopefully) a child next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts