Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming up on one year with the CT in late May...they sent me a letter to renew the Enform. I have only used it once to try it out and called to have the NAV directions sent to my screen in the car...worked fine. Never used it for anything else...wondering if anyone is using it a lot...what else is it really used for other than in an emergency as an "Onstar" type of rescue thing? And, if anyone else knows if you can negotiate the price with Lexus...they want $265 for one year and about $500 for 2 years and $743 for 3 years...I don't mind spending the money on it but there is not much savings to justify laying out the 2 or 3 years up front over the one year price...if it was about $500/3 years that would not be so bad...any suggestions or thoughts and also some good uses for Enform?

·
Registered
89 Posts
We actually use Enform fairly often, mostly because it is free for the first year. Not sure I will renew when the year is up. We use it most often while traveling across country. We'll book hotels online while traveling, then call Enform to send us directions to the hotel. I find the voice navigation a bit of a challenge, so Enform is a nice luxury. One time I got a screw in my tire while in Tombstone, AZ. No place to get it repaired in Tombstone, so I got on Enform and had them check out places along the way back to Tuscon (slow leak). It was a weekend, so not a lot of places open. They called around and found a place that could get me in. That alone might be enough incentive for me to renew.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use it when I travel. I plan the trip on my home computer through enform and then send the directions to my Nav in the car. Works great.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's a lot of money to spend and have not used the free trial offer. I already pay for a cell phone that I can use to get directions on the road.

·
Registered
115 Posts
never used it. will not renew.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like you, I tried it once just to see what it was like...I liked it, but not enough to justify the costs considering most of the services can be done with a smartphone.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Same here. I used it once to try out the voice call info. It was very nice, but I could actually find out the information faster on my phone and enter the address to the car. The "enter address on computer and sync to car" option is handy also, but again, the time it takes to sync is almost enough to just enter it in the car. The idea is very nice is in pre-smart phone era. Over $20 a month is just too much for me for a service that I don't use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.