Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad. the rock hit my windshield on freeway, does anyone know if insurance company will cover the repair and waive the deductible??

I have full coverage on my car.

mmexport1371352296759.jpg

·
Registered
352 Posts
Even with full coverage, each insurance company is a little different when it comes to windshield coverage so you'll have to find out from your agent. Hopefully, it is covered since the CT's windshield is very expensive. I believe it is due to the heat trace to prevent icing under the wipers.

·
Registered
688 Posts
CT's windshield is very expensive
Correct. I just checked Sewell Lexus and depending on your trim the windshield is right around $1000 just for the part! Then of course figure several hundred for labor.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had that happen on my last car when it was new. I only 1200 miles on it. It was a 2006 Dodge Magnum RT. I small pebble hit it and made that "tick" sound and left a small crack. AAAAARRRGGGG!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Most insurance policies (but obviously not all) cover cracked windshields with no deductible because it is a hazard. Check with your insurance company before you do anything. You would also be amazed at what they can do to repair windshields these days.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You will have to check with your insurance. My insurance has an option for $100 deductible on windshield replacement and it only cost me extra $10 a year for 2 cars. My previous 2 cars both got cracked windshields from rocks on the freeway. There are lots of rocks carrying trucks on one of the freeway and there are always small rocks hitting everywhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced my windshield due to a rock strike less than 1k miles. When I lived in Florida state law required the insurance cover the windshield 100% with no deductible and no impact to premium. In Texas where I live now its simply an ordinary claim. I asked the dealer for a price break and they did cut me a break.

Have to say the rock strike was not that large ...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well I can now be an official part of this thread. Got a pretty big "star" shaped rock chip today with a 12 in crack. Just called State Farm. Since it's not repairable they say I will have to pay the $500 deductable. Second $500 deductable I've had to pay in the last 3 months!

·
Registered
100 Posts
a lot of insurance cover windshield repair, not replacement. for replacement its probably an extra module to signup for.

i've heard some people have used different windshields but lose the wiper deicer functionality. i recently took a hit and was able to repair it. i live in canada and while the deicer is a great feature, if i can save 500$ and lose it, it's something i would go for.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Honestly I would lose it too as I doubt I will ever use it. But since State Farm is going to pick up the difference I figure I might as well get OEM glass and keep that function. I've heard some good and some bad about aftermarket glass anyway, I'd rather have the real thing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry for the late update, guys.

So I called my insurance agent and the result is the following:
dealer factory glass $978+tax and $170 labor
Savelite auto glass company $880 (factory glass)
need to pay 600 deductible and insurance company covers the rest.
If I go for after marke one $550....hmm maybe not a good deal really~

feel like ct's glass cracks easily since I had my accord for 8 years nothing happpen. even the glass is dented but it wont crack all the way...--

hopefully this nv happen to me again... finger crossss.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ya getting the windshield replaced is a hassle and of course if you are out the deductable (like I was) then it's money down the drain. But the good news is that after the windshield was replaced I could not tell a difference in clarity or wind noise, so I am very happy with the result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts