Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my custom ordered 2014 Ultrasonic Blue Mica F Sport. It has a few rare features so I wanted to list them in case anyone had any questions regarding them, or would like photos or videos.

• Radar cruise control with pre-collision warning
  • Parking sensors (not that rare, I know)
  • LED headlight/foglight package
  • Accessories:
    • Cargo mat
    • Cargo tray
    • Cargo net
    • Spider cargo net
    • Wheel locks
    • Rear bumper protector (the stainless steel type)
    • Key gloves (both Lexus and F Sport model)
    • Lexus dealer keychain + Lexus / F Sport logo keychain
  • Xpel Ultimate paint protection film on the front end (entire hood, bumper, headlights, foglights, fenders, mirrors, and A-pillar + first part of the roof (before the sunroof) )

The rest of the options include the F Sport leather and Lexus Display Audio packages.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on getting your loaded 2014 CT 200h!
Thank you!

I got a call from the PPF people for an appointment to redo some parts that were not done well. Once that's complete I'll wash the car myself and then can finally take lots of pics, including ones that show off the PPF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the CT. I have the White starlight pearl F Sport fully loaded. I don't kno if its just
Where I live or the car but I average 39 mpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the CT. I have the White starlight pearl F Sport fully loaded. I don't kno if its just
Where I live or the car but I average 39 mpg
It's probably the way you drive. I do 60 mph max on the highway, and I do a lot of highway driving! In the city, I don't accelerate quickly, and I stick to 40 to 55 mph depending on the road and traffic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's probably the way you drive. I do 60 mph max on the highway, and I do a lot of highway driving! In the city, I don't accelerate quickly, and I stick to 40 to 55 mph depending on the road and traffic.
I go about 65-70 on the freeway, but then again living in sf/daly city there are a lot of hills. I even tried driving like a
grandma for one full tank, and best i got out of it was 40 mpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I go about 65-70 on the freeway, but then again living in sf/daly city there are a lot of hills. I even tried driving like a
grandma for one full tank, and best i got out of it was 40 mpg
Perhaps you don't drive far enough. Short trips, especially with a lot of hills to climb in SF along with 65+ highway driving, will probably keep in the lower end of the MPG spectrum this car is capable of.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How long did it take you get the car?

The dealership in PDX wants 4 months and no Costco discount if I order it.

Is there much of a difference in brightness with the LED lights vs. regular lights?
Exactly how easy is it to use the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control?
Is it worth getting the parking sensors if you have the backup camera?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How long did it take you get the car?
The car took almost exactly 3 months to arrive.

The dealership in PDX wants 4 months and no Costco discount if I order it.
Every dealer I called wanted MSRP just because I will special order. I was told this is standard practice for Lexus. Some dealers said they'd be willing to take off $500 to $750 off MSRP to earn my business.

The reason I didn't pay MSRP is because I used one of those pricing services. In my case, Edmund's Price Promise. These services do not take into account custom orders, so they give you a great price like anyone else. Using this service, only one dealer in my area was working with them, and so they honored the price the website gave. There's also Truecar, Autobytel, and even Kelley's Blue Book has one.

Is there much of a difference in brightness with the LED lights vs. regular lights?
Definitely. My previous car was a Prius C, with halogen projectors (standard on the CT). They are very dim and yellow in color. I spent a lot of time driving with high beams on in areas with no street lighting. I have a Mustang with standard HID projectors, and they are very bright and really spread the light around. My CT's LEDs are almost exactly like my Mustang's light, maybe a tad brighter. The CTs LED light must be really bright compared to other lights because they employ the cutoff pattern which shortens the light on the left side on the road you're on in order not to glare other drivers coming towards you. I will post pictures as I took some thinking this is a defect (I had never heard or seen this before. These are my first LED headlights).

Exactly how easy is it to use the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control?
Beyond the adaptive part, here are the other differences:

1. The cruise control stalk has one extra feature on cars with adaptive cruise control. You can press the stalk away from you, which switches between normal cruise control and adaptive. I believe this is standard across all cars. I had an Infiniti long ago which also did this.

^The mode button is above the cancel button^

^Regular cruise control mode, note the green icon^

^Adaptive cruise mode, note the different green icon, and the radar status^

2. When using regular cruise control mode, your set speed is displayed on the tiny screen under the fuel gauge. It's a nice touch, and allows you to see changes in speed when you press or hold the cruise control stalk up or down. It will change in increments of 1 MPH per press, or rapidly in increments of 5 MPH if you hold it down. (unlike standard cruise control, which sets the speed to how fast you're going as soon as you release the stalk)

Other than that, here's how simple the adaptive cruise portion works. When you turn on cruise control, it always defaults to adaptive. Pressing the distance button (located just below the DISP button on the right side of the steering wheel), will select one of three pre-set distances. It defaults to the longest one when you first turn on cruise control.

^When a car is detected ahead, it shows a smaller version of the car you see here, just ahead of the distance markers^

You set it like you set normal cruise control, and it automatically starts to maintain the longest distance available. You can toggle the distance with the distance button, and the car adjusts itself to match as you drive. That's it, really simple.

While the car does brake when the person in front of you slows down to match the distance, it will also brake hard if it feels the person in front is slowing down too fast. It will bring you to about 25 MPH and then cancel cruise control, leaving you at a crawl. In other words, it does not have "full speed range" as other cars sometimes do, like newer Infiniti models, which will keep adaptive cruise going all the way down to a full stop, and cancel only if you have been sitting still for 3 or 4 seconds. This lets you use it in heavy stop-and-go traffic, which Lexus tells you not to use it in (in the manual).

If your speed is set to something high, like 60 MPH, and you're at 25 MPH and then hit resume, the car will accelerate quickly, as it normally does, but will slow down if it detects a car coming into range. You won't go flying at 60 MPH then suddenly brake hard, the car smoothly slows down and gently gets into the pre-set distance so it never feels abrupt.

There are situations that confound the system, however. If you're following someone, and someone else moves into your lane right in front of you, driving as slow or slower than you, the car panics. It sets off the pre-collision warning sound and flashing light, hits the brakes hard until enough distance has been reached, then slowly accelerates again. But by the time the car starts to accelerate, the car in front of you is usually WAY ahead of the pre-set distance. It really annoys drivers behind you, because the adaptive system really lags between hard braking and resuming acceleration.

Sometimes on bends/curves, it will catch someone in the other lane, and slow down rapidly. It also sometimes does this even if no car is detected (it will show you if the radar sees anyone in front of you or not), but this may be related to dirt on front Lexus emblem (the sensor is behind it). I need to clean mine from bugs and make sure if this is the reason for some of the erratic behavior.

Is it worth getting the parking sensors if you have the backup camera?
I think it is. The camera can't show you the corners of the car, and the rear sensors can sense things at almost a 90 degree angle from the rear side of the bumper. The other advantage is that you also have front sensors, which also detect around the corners.

It's worth noting that there are hidden settings (the ones you need to do at the dealer or with your own equipment/app) that allow for the rear sensors to work even if you are in Neutral or Drive, so you could, for example, make sure no one is getting too close to your car at a light or something.

I will try to post a video of adaptive cruise working when I have time and a place to do it safely.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet bro! I was wondering where you got the protection protection film installed? I'm planning on getting this for my car as well.
After doing a lot of research, I settled on Xpel's Ultimate film. Visit their site, xpel.com, and they have a list of installers all around the world. They also place icons next to installers if they are: factory trained, have the software to design pre-cut sections and the plotter to cut the film on-site, and how much volume they do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts