Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stopped at a light today and i got rear ended by a honda crv. Pushed me forward, and rammed my front into another car.

I think my 4 day old ct may be totalled. Dealer says 4 months to get another with nav....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Depends on the insurance company on whether its totaled or not. Is there severe frame damage? If not, then probably not totaled considering it is a new $30k car.

The biggest problem will be if they can get parts or not for the repair :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
:( I'm sorry to hear that..
There're always people not driving carefully enough.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ouch!!! That sucks. Only 4 days old? Wow, sorry to hear about that. Everyone OK? I wouldn't want to fix it. It would bug me knowing it was in an accident that bad. Hopefully it's totalled so you can get a new one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
GULP.... (I just puked a little bit) ;-( So sorry to hear about this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope so too...only problem is 4 months to get a new one...ouch.

My back hurts, but airbag didn't delpoy.

Car held up well considering the force of impact.

Sos worked...guess that is a silver lining

Ouch!!! That sucks. Only 4 days old? Wow, sorry to hear about that. Everyone OK? I wouldn't want to fix it. It would bug me knowing it was in an accident that bad. Hopefully it's totalled so you can get a new one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hope everyone is ok. It sounds bad if they are considering it totaled. Fixing a car after an accident never is as sound as a uninvolved car. Getting rear ended is almost always their fault, your neck is hurting right now and you want a new replacement, meanwhile they should be paying for the rental while you are waiting for the new car. Oh, there seems to be some back pain as well...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh, and its somewhere between 50-80% of the vehicle value before its totaled. So if say its worth $30k, then if the damage repair estimate is over 15k-20k I'd guess, Its possible its going to get totaled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That sucks. You have my sympathy. I'm also in the camp where I hope they total it. Its never quite the same if they repair it. As far as the time to get another, who knows. Seems to change all the time, though you're right as far as one with Nav will take longer. Best wishes in the mean time. I hope the physical pain heals quickly. And thanks for reporting how well it performs in an accident.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Dude, that sucks. Majorly. Make sure you negotiate and play hard ball with the claims adjuster if they decide to total it. Know your rights, know what you are entitled to. You are entitled to fair market value, which means, you deserve to get the amount of money that will get you the same exact car, same miles, same color, same condition, same options TODAY. It's not how much the car is worth. It's how much it will cost for you to get the exact same car. Since the car was 4 days old, you should be getting EXACTLY, if not more, than what you paid for.

What's the other party's insurance company? Allstate and 21st Century are horrible to deal with, they are cheap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That really sucks to hear about this!!! The main thing is that you're ok.

I also agree with Matt about 21st Century insurance. They're just not as good as they use to be. Customer service is horrible, too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So sorry

So sorry that your new baby had an accident and only 4 days old! Sure hope your back pain subsides. It must of been terrible and sure you are upset;:( as we got upset with a few large nicks on bumper!

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry to hear about your accident! i was rear-ended yesterday on the 5 southbound in L.A....minimal damage but it still an accident nonetheless...the genius behind me was texting...i know this for a fact because i was stopped and saw her from my rear view mirror...stop and go traffic and no presence of mind to keep her eyes on the road...just waiting for my insurance claims adjuster to get in contact with her info...

at least you're ok!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^^ Man I'm sorry to hear everyone's story about being in an accident... it really sucks and I hope you guys can resolve it soon.

I hate it when people text/talk/read/whatever while driving and are simply just not focused.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear. Good luck with your insurance claim.

I hate when people are on the phone when driving, specially when they don't realize they are driving 45mph on a 65mph freeway. Those are the days I wish I have a bullhorn.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.