Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a call from my salesperson this morning that my car has arrived. I will finalize things at 6:30PM tonight. The painful part is I will be out of town the next two days, so the car will be sitting in the garage until I get back on Friday :)

It's a Black on Black leather with everything except the Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. I originally ordered White on Black, but Obsidian looks good too. It's been exactly 3 months (Ordered on 4/12)

Going through this exercise, I believe the dealership would call us when they have the allocation that matches (or close to) our options. If we insist on the exact options, we may have to wait a bit longer. I don't think our specific order is entered into the production schedule. Because if that is the case, we may get the VIN number along the way.

I will post pics later.

Tim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats!
I went to place an order on 4/16 and was told it would end of July...maybe. I couldn't wait so I bought the showroom model black on black (still sounds better than obsidian on obsidian).
You will love this car and if you want to obsess about mpgs then search on mileage or hypermiling as there are techniques to driving a hybrid that helped me eek out even more mpgs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations! I should be joining you in about 2 1/2 weeks. Take lots of pictures, as the new car is new only once!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to the board and have been actively reading, having put my deposit down on 4/16. I finally got an email today that my car should be in between Saturday and next Saturday. Feels like forever. Can't wait. I look forward to continuing to read this board and hopefully posting more.

On Order: CT200h Smoky Granite Mica/Black Nuluxe interior
Package B

Vivian

·
Registered
15 Posts
They must be getting in a huge shipment from Japan. It seems like everyone who ordered in April is getting notifications that theirs is coming in the next couple of weeks. I ordered mine April 6th and was just notified that mine will be coming in between 7/20-7/27.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations! Mine is suppose to be coming as well. Hopefully sooner rather than later. This is the SLOWEST month ever. To bad you're going out of town and won't be able to enjoy it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wizardelite,

So from San Diego, there are two of us that will be getting our car this month. It's enough for a meet-and-drive to Julian for apple pie just to see how the car handles the twisties.

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone read Dan Neil's review (July 9th) in the Wall Street Journal? It totally slams the CT200h! My car is expected to arrive tomorrow or Thursday and the review has given me cause for concern. The comment that is particularly concerning is: "There are only a few things about the CT that I think would transcend potential buyers' automative indifference. The first is the sound of the car under acceleration on the highway: a long, loud and piteous moan as the CVT holds the rpm until the car reaches the desired speed. This car sounds like it's visiting the prison dentist, Believe me: You're going to notice that."
Owners - please let me know what your experience has been like driving on the freeway.

Thank you!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wizardelite,

So from San Diego, there are two of us that will be getting our car this month. It's enough for a meet-and-drive to Julian for apple pie just to see how the car handles the twisties.

Tim
Guess my red one not getting here this shipment.
Looking forward to you guys pictures when you get the chance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not concerned

Has anyone read Dan Neil's review (July 9th) in the Wall Street Journal? It totally slams the CT200h! My car is expected to arrive tomorrow or Thursday and the review has given me cause for concern. The comment that is particularly concerning is: "There are only a few things about the CT that I think would transcend potential buyers' automative indifference. The first is the sound of the car under acceleration on the highway: a long, loud and piteous moan as the CVT holds the rpm until the car reaches the desired speed. This car sounds like it's visiting the prison dentist, Believe me: You're going to notice that."
Owners - please let me know what your experience has been like driving on the freeway.

Thank you!
I've read other reviews, I've scoured this forum, and I've even test drove the CT200H. I'm quite happy with the car I'm hopefully getting by the end of the month.

That review doesn't bother me in the least bit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some of the pictures I took tonight. I have early flight tomorrow morning. Otherwise, I would be playing with the car and setting things up all night.

Tim

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Looks like my car! Just need some tint, makes it look even better. But thats my opinion, we don't need to be twins :p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
oh snap!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice!

Here are some of the pictures I took tonight. I have early flight tomorrow morning. Otherwise, I would be playing with the car and setting things up all night.

Tim
I didn't realize it in your first post but that is pretty much the exact same car I ordered. The only thing that was different was I went for the Nulux instead of leather!

Congrats! I can't wait till the end of the month now. I called Lexus after finishing this thread and they said it's scheduled to be here between the 23rd and the 30th.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was told that there were 3 CTs that caught on fire because of the fuel leak from the transport truck at the Long Beach port a few days ago.

Those cars were not allocated for Escondido Lexus though. Man... I hate to get that unpleasant call.

Tim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats!

I guess I got lucky. I put my deposit in at the end of June and the car I wanted is coming in next week. Same colors I wanted, just more features than I had initally cared for. Its actually exactly like yours.

One thing I noticed on the demo car that I was hoping someone with the leather would be able to check for me. On the back seats, where the seat belt goes into the seat at the top, the plastic was peeling off the leather and there was a gap there. Has anyone seen this to be an issue on theirs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts