Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my whole bumper redone to get rid of the dealership holes that were drilled into it to mount the lic plate mount. since i live in NJ, i need a front plate. a lot of people choose to roll with no front plate, but i don't want to give the cops to give me an excuse to pull me over and give me a ticket. in NJ it's about ~50 dollars for a no front plate ticket.

I decided to go with this: Lexus - GoMiniGo-Home of Innovative Products for your car this uses the tow hook mount. you can either mount on the driver or passenger side.

My cousin has it on his A4 as well, which is where I got the idea. I had my body shop install as well after they finished all my body work.

Here are pics:

My body shop actually drilled a cut out into the tow hook mount cover so there isn't a huge gaping hole. they are actually going to order me a replacement for the driver and passenger side and repaint them as well. for the extra passenger side, they will drill a cut into that as well so that i may switch sides as i choose, and run with no front plate at all if i so chose. really nice of them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
very innovative. They have been talking about front plates here in Florida and I really hope that doesn't come to pass. I really hate the look of cars with front license plates, it really detracts from the look.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll definitely pick one of these up if/when I get my first "no front plate" ticket.

If I do end up adding this bracket, I'd probably fab a bracket that angles it flush with the bumper, rather than stick out to the side so far.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, but I don't think this looks any better than a center mount license plate. I thought someone had come up with a no hole center mount. This looks as unbalanced as people say I am.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Different strokes for different folks, but I don't think this looks any better than a center mount license plate. I thought someone had come up with a no hole center mount. This looks as unbalanced as people say I am.
Agreed, dif strokes for dif folks. I recall seeing that other solution but i personally wasn't a fan. if i recall, it blocked out part of the front grille. either way, i'm just tryina avoid tickets in my own way.

Well that looks plain awkward. You can trip over that thing. Looks goofy as as heck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
once again, dif strokes for dif folks. thanks for the feedback. the only real way to trip over this thing is if u were walking too close to the car and you weren't paying attention. i'm just glad i dont have holes in my bumper anymore.

if my state didn't require 2 plates, it'd be a much better place.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very innovative. They have been talking about front plates here in Florida and I really hope that doesn't come to pass. I really hate the look of cars with front license plates, it really detracts from the look.
thanks bill. this mount was originally designed for the Mini, then the company expanded to other makes. the only upside is if you have custom plates, it's another thing to look at :)

I hate front plates too. I refused to buy a CT unless it didn't have a front place currently installed.
i totally forgot to ask the dealer to not drill into my bumper... 1.5 years later, here i am paying to have it the way i want it... darn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.