Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to do the HID retrofit. What's the consensus regarding what works the best with the least hassle, i.e. no flicker, auto on works and always ignites??
regarding morimoto, which kit? Can bus or relay kit and hook up without using the relay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crickets.....

well no one answered so I ordered the morimotos. from a pure installation standpoint I'd recommend the xenon depots.... Morimotos are a big hassle, ballast, canbus and igniters.... hard to find a space down there. I installed them this weekend but it took a couple of hours mainly to find space for everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been curious of doing a HID conversion but also contemplate LED for the simple plug & go approach.
Is it finding a place for the ballast the trickiest part of HID?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the most time consuming part is to find a place for the ballasts and igniters. I ended up using double sided sticky tape on the canbus and put them on the ballasts. Then I found a couple of relatively flat parts in the engine bay and used double sided sticky tape for the ballasts. So all this could have been avoided if the the ballasts/igniters/canbus were just a single slim unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the most time consuming part is to find a place for the ballasts and igniters. I ended up using double sided sticky tape on the canbus and put them on the ballasts. Then I found a couple of relatively flat parts in the engine bay and used double sided sticky tape for the ballasts. So all this could have been avoided if the the ballasts/igniters/canbus were just a single slim unit.
Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts