Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going from Prius to CT200h?

Hi everybody,

I am a new member to these forums and would like to introduce myself.
We (me and my wife) are lieving in Israel, driving a Prius and considering CT.
Our first prius was a Gen 2, we decided on it for environmental reasons and freeing the world from OPEC dependecy. Petrol bill was only second to these two.
We had it for 3 years (Sept. 2006 to Sept. 2009), 60000 km and lifetime consumption of 4.7 l/100km (21.3 km/l or 50 mpg fuel economy).
We traded it in for Gen 3 (being one of the first in our country), 24000 km till now with consumption of 4.4 l/100km (22.7 km/l or 53.5 mpg).
I must say, we love our Prius which exceeds our expectations. Did not think we will look for any other car, however, a Lexus with a Prius drive train - this is something else.
We took a test drive two days ago at the official launch in Israel and fell in love.
We liked its appearance, the way it's ride and handled, steering and braking feel better, interior is way much better (did I forget anything? probably yes).
Its trunk and rear seats legroom are smaller, but these are not realy an issue for us. Rear view is poorer but we intend to go for the back-up camera.
What will we miss? Head-Up-Display which is standard in European Prius and keyless entry/locking (in CT available only in the highest trim level).

"Who cares it is a Hybrid" my wife said "IT IS A LEXUS"

Unfortunately, for some reasons we have to wait to June with the purchase, however I will try to be active on these forums.

Giora.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention...on the Pros:
It's quieter, better noise insulation.
More colors to choose from.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The CT will likely also match your Gen 2 Prius fuel economy. The CT's fuel economy is not on par with Gen3 Prius as its heavier (sound deadening materials come at a weight penalty). Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welsome Giora... we have a Gen 3 Prius also. My husband drive my CT today for the first time... (I picked it up yesterday) I think he is a believer now too. ;-D

P.S. June is sooo far away. ;-(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CT will likely also match your Gen 2 Prius fuel economy. The CT's fuel economy is not on par with Gen3 Prius as its heavier (sound deadening materials come at a weight penalty). Just something to keep in mind.
Actually, European specs show only about 40 kg difference which is not much.
It is less aerodynamic though, CD=0.29 as compared to 0.25 of the Gen 3 Prius.
Interesting enough, with the 16" wheels (only option in Israel) it is only 5% less economical than the Gen 3 Prius in the Euro test cycle which leads me to believe that some 'evolution' changes have been made to the drivetrain...oops...I am carried away, all these probably belong to another forum.

Welsome Giora... we have a Gen 3 Prius also. My husband drive my CT today for the first time... (I picked it up yesterday) I think he is a believer now too. ;-D

P.S. June is sooo far away. ;-(
Thanks, agree June is far away...enjoy your CT I am sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not as happy with my G3 as I was with my G2.

Had the CT200h been available in Sept 2010 I would most likely have bought the CT200h instead.

Availability is supposed to be May 2011 here in Montreal. Any Canadian switchers so far?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not as happy with my G3 as I was with my G2.

Had the CT200h been available in Sept 2010 I would most likely have bought the CT200h instead.

Availability is supposed to be May 2011 here in Montreal. Any Canadian switchers so far?

I might make the move this week...............i have my Prius G3 since september, im happy about it but for the same price i would rather drive the lexus even if its a consume a little bit more.....

I will keep you updated, if the deal doesnt work i would still be happy with my G3 Touring, except the poor plastic interior! By the way im near Montreal also!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I might make the move this week...............i have my Prius G3 since september, im happy about it but for the same price i would rather drive the lexus even if its a consume a little bit more.....

I will keep you updated, if the deal doesnt work i would still be happy with my G3 Touring, except the poor plastic interior! By the way im near Montreal also!
I've had my G3 Prius since May 2010.

I didn't want to switch from my G2, but Toyota gave me 18k$ for my 4-yr G2 @ 89,000km if I switched before the end of the promotion they had going. (more than what I had paid into it)

The US owners get the Prius so damn cheap compared to us. I got mine at 30k + tax @ 3.9% financing 5 years. The G2 was 32k + tax @ 5.8% in 2006. So the switch made sense.

I hated the lack of space in the Camry Hy or the other Lexus Hy.

Why do you think I should switch ASAP? Any special deals going on?

·
Registered
296 Posts
you were lucky to get that price on a used Prius.......i think with the G3 we will never see that, you can see some 2010 with 50 000km for 20G......

·
Registered
16 Posts
you were lucky to get that price on a used Prius.......i think with the G3 we will never see that, you can see some 2010 with 50 000km for 20G......
Spinelli Lexus is only giving me 16k$ for my G3 Prius w/22500km on it.
So a no-go for this year - I've only had the car for 11 months.

Good timing for $ for a conversion might be at the 36 month mark when the payout for the loan = residual value.

At least I did a test drive, and sorely wish I had kept my G2 an extra year. This car is so much better in handling and interior. I tried the Premium which had 17" wheels.

Surprisingly the Premium or the TG doesn't have the adaptive cruise control. So waiting 2 years I'm sure the 2013 model will have it.

For any Canadians reading, current 'special' is 3.8% financing 48 months. Base is 30,500 Can$, and the base model is quite close to the G3 Prius Premium which costs about the same.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Spinelli Lexus is only giving me 16k$ for my G3 Prius w/22500km on it.
So a no-go for this year - I've only had the car for 11 months.

Good timing for $ for a conversion might be at the 36 month mark when the payout for the loan = residual value.

At least I did a test drive, and sorely wish I had kept my G2 an extra year. This car is so much better in handling and interior. I tried the Premium which had 17" wheels.

Surprisingly the Premium or the TG doesn't have the adaptive cruise control. So waiting 2 years I'm sure the 2013 model will have it.

For any Canadians reading, current 'special' is 3.8% financing 48 months. Base is 30,500 Can$, and the base model is quite close to the G3 Prius Premium which costs about the same.

Yeah its a low offer..........im still wondering if i should just take the touring model or Premium but moneywise its a big step........

What color did you try? like ive said in another post i found a touring silver in laval but im making business on the south shore and they want me to get the black one by offering me free accessoiry........

I love the black but i didnt see the silver yet so im torn!

·
Registered
193 Posts
A lot of people on here own G2's, myself included, and are gonna get a CT200h!

I think adaptive cruise is a very very pricey option. But convenient.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The one I test drove was silver outside, black inside.

What I like about silver is that all winter long, w/o washing, it's various shades of gray.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The one I test drove was silver outside, black inside.

What I like about silver is that all winter long, w/o washing, it's various shades of gray.

Thats why im not so sure to buy the black one.............Touring model are hard to get right now

but in Laval they have one!!!! But im still sure ill keep the Prius....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts