Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I drive my wife's Acura MDX, it is night and day - the difference of light output vs. the CT. I'd like to do something but at the same time I don't want to look like two disco balls coming down the road to other drivers. I'm leery about putting in HIDs due to the glare the halogen projectors may produce. I've read some posts where 4300K (35W I presume) HID Kits produce a good pattern and light up the road much better than the stock halogens.

Does anyone have any pictures of their HID setup from a distance? I am really trying to gauge how much glare there is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No pictures from distance, but I can tell you that there isn't much glare at all. The projector lens that come with CT does a great job aiming at the ground. 100% OEM look. Go for it and you won't be sorry.

BTW a bunch of us on this forum have had good experience with Kensun 35Watt 4300K or 6000K kits. I personally had a faulty ballast, but after exchanging it, everything is good so far. I have relay installed.

IMG_9791.jpg

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
HID retrofit gives excellent output. The problem with the retrofit is the headlights don't have the self leveling feature which OEM HID's must have. It's because of this oncoming drivers occasionally think the Ct's high beams are on particularly when you drive over the brow of a hill toward the oncoming vehicle. Overall the retrofit is definitely worthwhile.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered Kensun 35W/4300k with the slim ballasts.

I like midcow3's setup. I never really considered how the headlights would match the DRLs, any contrast would bother me.

If the drop in HID kit can't pass for OEM, I'll probably go the retrofit route. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
You'll be very happy with the HID's in the stock projectors, they look OEM. Seeing these big pickup trucks with big rectangular halogen housings with HID lights is really obnoxious! The projectors make them work well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just installed Kensun 35W 4300K based on the recommendations by many. As of now I give it a thumbs down. The hot spots bother me. Judge for yourself.

IMG_0247.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i just installed yesterday on my is250 2011...... almost same than the ct200h and i don't have that much glare with my hid kit. Since Lexus headlight have like the small projectors eye light, the hid light output doesn't go everywhere and really get focus on the road. I bought my hid kit for 110$ and it is a 55w. I don't have any glare when you look at it but on the picture that i took you can see the glare. again, i don't have any glare when you see it with the eye. Installation was not really hard but hard. a lot of screw to take out to rich the bulb :(. My Lexus have really nice xenon lights. I attach 2 pictures to show you my hid kit on my is250 2011. If you have any question about where i bought them or on the installation, please ask.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts