Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Had given the Lexus CT200h a passing glance for a few years shortly after I bought a Prius C back in November of 2018. Had it until I found myself in the second summer of working from home and never driving anywhere. I sold it as the used car market was starting to go crazy due to the chip shortage and shortage of new vehicles in general. Fast forward to early February and I get called back into the office. I had been using an old 2003 V8 4Runner but gas prices due to world events soon found me making a car payment in gas every month. Tired of it, I figured, if I'm going to be making a car payment, might as well get a car to go with it.

I got a blue 2016 CT200h F Sport and man...the Lexus difference. I love everything about that car. I'm glad to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Feel free to share some pics! How does it compare to the Prius C?
Even though the Prius C was about 300 pounds lighter, I think, the Lexus beats it in every measure hands down except for gas mileage. I could get 66 MPG regularly, regardless of temperature by simply driving the Prius C. The engine in the Prius C also felt like it was always straining. If I had to speed up to do anything, whether get on the highway, change lanes, get out of someone's way, the thing had to roar just to push that speedometer higher.

Not so in the Lexus. And I will say, the Lexus, in the 250 miles I've driven it, gets me the best gas mileage when I stop trying to get the best gas mileage. I'm averaging mid 50s at the moment, though the weather has been all over the place where I'm at, so it could be once it stays consistently in the 70s/80s and doesn't drop below 60 at night, my mpg might go up.

But yeah, materials are better in the Lexus, the radio is better in the Lexus, I enjoy the sport suspension in the Lexus, though I did enjoy the C's info screen regarding mileage and all that a little better than the Lexus' info system.

I'll post pics after Friday - we are supposed to get rain/sleet here and so I'll wash it Saturday and take some pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts