Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting 40% all the way around and getting 70% on the entire windshield.....will post pcs when I get a chance sometime today or tomorrow...I heard this stuff really is wonderful at keeping the heat out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's some pix...it looks lighter in the shade when I was at the gas station...it isn't too dark at 40% but it's classy looking and takes on the bronze color of the factory windows nicely...windshield is clear but effective at keeping the heat and glare out

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Very nice. It makes a big difference. I think mine is 33%, but did not do the front windows. Next week it will pay for itself again as I visit friends in Palm Spring which is expected to be 111 degrees and I have to leave it outside.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
33%...thought you used 3M Crystalline too...the 40% I used isn't real dark but the darkest they make for the Crystalline film...really brings out the bronze factory tint nicely without making it too dark to see out of...if it ever stops raining here in S Florida, I will know if it rejects the heat well

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It cost me $400 for the whole car including the front windshield in clear (70%)...I called around EVERYWHERE...nobody was less than $500 and most were approaching $600 to do the same thing. The guy that did it is a mobile window tinter who has a professional truck with awning and he is very good. He does all the cars for our office (including some Bentleys, Ferraris and many fancy cars...he stands behind his work). I have used him going back as far as at least 10-12 years ago for my cars. If there is a problem with anything, he will come out and fix it no questions asked. If you go with a regular tint (dark but not a 3M brand...he can get any brand you want) it usually is about $150 for a 4 door car. His name is Ivan...Mobile Window Tint...his # is (305)299-6151

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know there is absolutely NO correlation here but....since I tinted my windows last week, I have noticed my mileage has increased. I filled up two days ago and driving highway as well as city like normal, my indicator is showing 56.1 MPG...I know it isn't accurate but according to my gas filling up it is exactly 3 MPG high every time...but even still...53 MPG is pretty darn great...I can't imagine the a/c works that much less or something else is happening to increase the MPG...very weird

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics; I'm looking to get 3M Crystalline 40 for the sides and back, and it's great to see how that will actually look. Would love to get the front windshield done, but unfortunately that's not legal in Texas...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they would NEVER know if you did it in the Crystalline 70 as I did...you can't tell it's on the car at all but keeps more heat out. It would have to be custom cut as most programs that cut the film for the tint shops don't have front windshield as part of the setup...but not too hard for an experienced tint shop. Post pix when you get your car done too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts