Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thank you all for this awesome forum and accepting my registration!
I actually don't have a ct200h yet but i have been wanting one for a long time and will be getting one by the end of the month.

I do have a concern and question, Im wondering how good is the acceleration to pass vehicle on the highway because it seems to not be a strong point and has anyone tried a ecu tune or dyno-boost in their vehicle before??

...and yess im a straight newb

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
219 Posts
Im wondering how good is the acceleration to pass vehicle on the highway because it seems to not be a strong point and has anyone tried a ecu tune or dyno-boost in their vehicle before??
The acceleration and passing ability are definitely not strong with this car. However, it's more because the car is tuned/designed for MPG, not speed. So putting it in sport mode helps make the car drive and perform as a normal car. Some people have tried tricks like "Quantum Solenoid" and "Pedal Commander" in an effort to improve the response of the car to act more normal. I for one bought the car purposely because it's slow and like it that way lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The acceleration and passing ability are definitely not strong with this car. However, it's more because the car is tuned/designed for MPG, not speed. So putting it in sport mode helps make the car drive and perform as a normal car. Some people have tried tricks like "Quantum Solenoid" and "Pedal Commander" in an effort to improve the response of the car to act more normal. I for one bought the car purposely because it's slow and like it that way lol.
Thank you thank you for that info! It's sounds like a very promising solution if I ever decide to go down that route. I Don't mind this car being slow but I just need some acceleration for hills, getting onto the freeway, and overtaking vehicles..

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
219 Posts
Thank you thank you for that info! It's sounds like a very promising solution if I ever decide to go down that route. I Don't mind this car being slow but I just need some acceleration for hills, getting onto the freeway, and overtaking vehicles..
Well, there's no worry about that. This car, like any, has what it takes to accelerate for hills, freeways, and overtaking. You just might have to push the pedal down more than you're used to :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts