Lexus CT200h Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Im interested as well. I am very inclined to order a Quantum Solenoid. I have read some reviews of it on other forums and people do say that they reach redline faster. I'm also in the talks with Torqamp to see if their Electric Turbo would be a good fit for the CT200h. Along with new Exhaust pipes the CT could really become a fun car to drive around.
If you got the torqueamp and the exhaust, it would run great, as long as the transmission would hold it, you would be a total sleeper then!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you got the torqueamp and the exhaust, it would run great, as long as the transmission would hold it, you would be a total sleeper then!
Yeah it would be quite nice actually. Ever since I saw that really nice Ct from FoxMarketing Ive wanted to create something of my own.
Ill actually Start up my own thread on the process and "upgrades" I've done to my car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let's poke this bear. Nearing completion with my projects on my truck, want to tinker w/ the CT more. Let's finally see your magic beans :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im interested as well. I am very inclined to order a Quantum Solenoid. I have read some reviews of it on other forums and people do say that they reach redline faster. I'm also in the talks with Torqamp to see if their Electric Turbo would be a good fit for the CT200h. Along with new Exhaust pipes the CT could really become a fun car to drive around.
I actually purchased a Quantum Solenoid earlier this year to see if it was legit. I can say hands down the best engine modification I’ve done. It’s easy to swap it out and it actually works. Torque improved big time! The tires will actually spin on take off if you’re over gravel or paint. I can pass cars on the freeway a lot easier too. I don’t think it gives you any extra HP, it just opens up the bottom end.
As for the intake mod, any updates?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Okay, so heres the deal. After a bunch of fooling around, I have the combination for the intake tract. My piece, along with the qantum solenoid, an aftermarket air filter, airbox mods, and changing out the spark plug gap.I get more power all the time, but its at the expense of mileage, as it should be. Im not ready to market it out yet, but if you want to go on my lazerporting facebook page and pm me, Ill be glad to discuss details. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m hoping someone here has the resources available to be the guinea pig and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would love to see a video or website going over the different mods you mentioned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
You've been invited to pm me on my business facebook page, this is a private deal for now. I did this for myself, and after 6 months of trying different things, I now know what works.
Im not marketing it yet, as its just a side deal for me. Its basically the same thing as a CAI, but without the pitfalls of that whole deal. Its Lexus power, quiet and responsive, what you would expect from a Lexus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To anyone curious about this, I went to see Mike @ Lazer yesterday morning.

After explaining to me the process of what he’d be doing, he worked meticulously to make the modifications we discussed.

I don’t think I could be any happier with the results.
It is not my business to divulge the details, but after installing the following modifications, my car is a completely different animal:
  • Quantum Solenoid
  • K&N drop-in air filter
  • Pedal Commander
  • Lazer Mike’s custom modifications
I strongly encourage ANYONE interested in having their face light up from ear to ear, consider the upgrades mentioned above.

Mike is a stand up guy, and is incredibly knowledgeable about this stuff.
I’m very glad I got to meet him and spend the early afternoon at his workshop.

I’d like to publicly like to thank Mike for sharing his modifications with me.
He could have simply kept this stuff to himself.
So Mike, THANK YOU!!

I am going to take some (unprofessional) videos of some various crude pulls so you guys can compare them with a stock CT. This will hopefully help the curious decide if these mods are right for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can vouch for the Quantum Solenoid, that alone made me smile. The K&N I didn’t feel do much. I’m still interested in what Mike has going on as well. If you can get more, ambient, free flowing air into the engine without making too much noise, that’s perfect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here’s a 30mph-75mph pull that I took this morning on the way into work:

And here’s a 0-55mph pull I did at some point on my way home from seeing Mike:
Full Disclosure: I’m not certain whether or not the road here was flat/level or if it was an incline/decline.

·
Registered
670 Posts
ScannyG, I appreciate the videos. Was that last video pedal to the floor? Because that looked like 0-55 mph in about 10 seconds. That's slower than stock which is 0-60 mph in 9.8s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ScannyG, I appreciate the videos. Was that last video pedal to the floor? Because that looked like 0-55 mph in about 10 seconds. That's slower than stock which is 0-60 mph in 9.8s.
It was indeed pedal to the floor, but as I noted in my last post, I’m not sure whether the ground was level or what. It may have been going uphill. Chances of it being SLOWER than stock is borderline impossible (just based on what I’m FEELING behind the wheel).

·
Registered
13 Posts

And for those wondering if fuel economy was impacted, the answer is no - IF you put the car in eco mode.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Because that looked like 0-55 mph in about 10 seconds. That's slower than stock which is 0-60 mph in 9.8s.
It could be grade, headwind and/or wheel/tyre combo. Many variables. The base level CT should be faster than the F-Sport/SL because of the smaller wheels.

Is it generally consensus that the solenoid is the biggest factor in extra kick provided? Do you still have your factory solenoid Scanny? Maybe swap the solenoid back to the old one and see if you can quantify the CAI difference alone?

Of course thorough testing would need a stock CT running the same wheels/tyres for comparison and either a Dragy-like device or a dyno.

On another matter, in your 0-55 video I note that even with a Pedal Commander, we still have a second delay from mashing the pedal to getting some power. Is that so the CVT can found the correct range? Does the new hybrid Corolla with the fixed 1st gear have the same delay?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh I don’t have have answers to any of those questions lol
I still have the stock solenoid but I’m not certain I want to go through the hassle lol not because I don’t care about you guys. Just kinda lazy lol
The pedal commander has many different levels of throttle control and I have it set to about halfway; maybe a tiny bit over halfway. The unit is broken into 3 sections; like city, sport, and track or somethings like that. I can turn it up a little higher just to see if it responds even faster (in theory it should).

61 - 80 of 80 Posts