Lexus CT200h Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to be honest with you - snake oil or not; we have to be patient.
It's unfair to ask someone to show off unfinished work.
As a hobby artist, I'd always get ticked off when someone would ask me to "show me what you have so far".
If I'm going to show a person, a company, or the entire world something - the last thing I'd want to do is show them something that's unfinished.
Let's give it some time and see what happens.
If this guy was trying to make a quick buck, he really chose the wrong car lol.
There aren't enough CT's out there for him to laugh his way to the bank lol
And I'm almost certain most CT owners don't care about performance gains anyway.
Everyone that has one knows very well that this is NOT a performance vehicle - mods or no mods.
If I can get some extra pep in my step, so be it; but I'm not holding my breath and I think everyone else would be wise to do the same.
I respect that, I'm not trying to rush this guy or anything -- but he has made some bold claims and we'd like an update if possible. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not really in it for the "performance" anyway, as someone who would like to be able to have sport mode activated at start-up...this would be perfect for me. He claimed that normal mode felt just like sport mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I respect that, I'm not trying to rush this guy or anything -- but he has made some bold claims and we'd like an update if possible. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not really in it for the "performance" anyway, as someone who would like to be able to have sport mode activated at start-up...this would be perfect for me. He claimed that normal mode felt just like sport mode.
Yeah would be nice to get some indication of progress on this. even just a quick update saying its still in the works and he is making progress.

I always get offended when people rip on the prius because they are our brothers. the sad part which i never tell other people is that the prius is actually faster because its lighter and more aerodynamic. I mean putting your foot down in the ct is probably the most acceleration you will ever need in the city anyways, but it would be nice to have just a bit more on tap...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased the Injen and took it off the next day. Made the car growl, but felt dumb because it made noise and went nowhere. The other con is that I lost a lot of low end torque. Passing cars on the freeway was a lot better, but this being my wife’s daily driver with mostly city driving, the low end torque was sorely missed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased the Injen and took it off the next day. Made the car growl, but felt dumb because it made noise and went nowhere. The other con is that I lost a lot of low end torque. Passing cars on the freeway was a lot better, but this being my wife’s daily driver with mostly city driving, the low end torque was sorely missed.
Yeah, I've decided the most that I would do is some kind of wheel/tire package. Other than that, what's the point?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking at the stock air box, you could actually delete the large box next to the intake tube. I don’t know what it’s for, maybe someone could enlighten me? The only other thing I could think of would be to use smoother tubing like silicone instead of the corrugated rubber. If you could get intake to get a little bit of air in front of the radiator, that would be better. At the end of the day though, all that hard work on a 1.8L hybrid motor wouldn’t do much anyways.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You got less low end torque with the Injen air intake? I haven't noticed that and would not think that to be the case normally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was looking at the intake system today and I think they might have it located in the best place. The end of the house opens up just behind the passenger side headlight. I noticed that the rubber seal for the hood actually skips over the headlight which likely allows for clean air to flow into the intake.

There is a metal screen/filter located right after the air filter and before the monitor. The area looked clean so I'm not sure if cleaning that part would make a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
After all the waiting, Im just about ready to unleash our performance package. While its not easy trying to tweak an Atkinson Cycle Engine, I know I have found the right combination. Im now looking for someone in the Philadelphia metro area who has a bone stock 14 thru 17 Ct200 , and would like to be involved in getting the first production pieces installed.
This is something that really works, but I would like to do things in steps, not just throwing the whole kitchen sink at it. Also if someone has a complete stock airbox assembly, and would like to give it up, Ill pay fair price for it. As for what it is, thats going to remain my little secret for now. I dont want it copied, although Im sure eventually someone will.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Curious, why does it have to be a 14-17? Does that mean this mod you are working on won't work on 11-13 model years? To my knowledge there isn't any difference in the air intake between years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There is a slight difference in the air horn, and I haven't looked into what they are. So for now, just going with what I know.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts