Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know this has been taking longer than expected. But I'm making progress and have a few more pieces to put into place. I'm loving this whole deal, as the response to throttle input is really improving. I will be posting a more comprehensive update in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Standard is now like Sport mode was, sport has instant throttle response. Still working on the 40 to 60mph range, thats going to have to wait, with whats going on now, Im on temporary hold until this blows over.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't believe it. All he's claiming to do is increase airflow by changing the shape of the airbox? Think about it, wouldn't the Injen CAI then result in amazing performance? It doesn't, I have it. I like the sound of it but there is no noticeable difference in acceleration or power. I mean, best case you could run the car with no air filter at all for a short period of time and you still won't get any amazing power increase. Use common sense people.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't believe it. All he's claiming to do is increase airflow by changing the shape of the airbox? Think about it, wouldn't the Injen CAI then result in amazing performance? It doesn't, I have it. I like the sound of it but there is no noticeable difference in acceleration or power. I mean, best case you could run the car with no air filter at all for a short period of time and you still won't get any amazing power increase. Use common sense people.
I don't really believe it, but I'm interested to see something come about with this (which I doubt will). I'm considering buying a Injen CAI simply because it gives me way more access to the engine bay. Not so much for the "performance".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You can speculate all you want, Im good with that. What Im developing is for real, works, and makes it a blast to drive, all while keeping it quiet. CAIs are one size fits all cave man engineering that makes it noisy when you accelerate, which if thats what you want, thats fine. Patience, and in time, once all this carona stuff passes, I will be upgrading the offerings to make it work even better than it works now. No smoke and mirrors, just lots of thoughtful flow based mods, in combination with a few other mods, and it will run as good as it looks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can speculate all you want, Im good with that. What Im developing is for real, works, and makes it a blast to drive, all while keeping it quiet. CAIs are one size fits all cave man engineering that makes it noisy when you accelerate, which if thats what you want, thats fine. Patience, and in time, once all this carona stuff passes, I will be upgrading the offerings to make it work even better than it works now. No smoke and mirrors, just lots of thoughtful flow based mods, in combination with a few other mods, and it will run as good as it looks.
Why don't you just give us a taste then?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There are some things that need refinement, and some other pieces to be added to help improve it. All in good time. I will tell you one thing that absolutely works, the Quantum solenoid, really works well with this! Worth every penny. It really improves the response to the throttle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You bought this thing? For real?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Once I have my production piece ironed out, I will release it. Until then Im in Prototype mode.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts