Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2011 just hit 45,000 miles and I noticed that my driver and passenger side front seats are cracking and starting to peel around the outer most bolsters. I have the genuine leather seats and it's obvious the bolsters are far from being genuine leather. Do you think it's even worth bringing this to the attention if the dealer?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd like to hear other's opinion on this as well. I was just wondering that this weekend as I was cleaning my 2011 CT. I've got about 28k and am noticing some cracking on the driverside bolster that is closest to the door. I understand use due to frequent use but it is cracking and almost looks like "chips" or leather are coming out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would bring it to their attention. I can kinda understand the wear on the drivers side, since that seat gets the most use but the passenger side as well? That would cause me to wonder what's going on there.
Do you use any leather cleaning and conditioning products?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got any pictures?

I'm apprehensive now, because sometime in the past "Genuine Leather Seats" became "Genuine Leather Seating Surfaces". Apparently they mean different things and in the case of the latter, some of the surfaces on a seat are not leather.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not that it helps you now, but the NuLuxe just seems so much more durable for these cars. I understand some people just really gotta have the feel and smell of leather, but there seems to be a lot of problems with it for this car (reported on this forum a number of times).

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not that it helps you now, but the NuLuxe just seems so much more durable for these cars. I understand some people just really gotta have the feel and smell of leather, but there seems to be a lot of problems with it for this car (reported on this forum a number of times).
It wasn't the leather seats so much as the package they come with. I couldn't understand why so many CT's had their DRL's burnt out in the middle. When I found out Lexus did that on purpose I thought it was the dumbest thing I ever heard. Honestly it was a turnoff for me buying a CT until I found out they come with a solid strip in a certain package with leather and LED headlights.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the same problem with my leather seats. The dealer is creating a case and will probably be replacing the leather covers of the seats.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Got any pictures?

I'm apprehensive now, because sometime in the past "Genuine Leather Seats" became "Genuine Leather Seating Surfaces". Apparently they mean different things and in the case of the latter, some of the surfaces on a seat are not leather.
That has been going on for many years. I had a 1972 Ford Thunderbird and it had "Genuine Leather Seating Surfaces" which was explained as the top of the bottom seat cushion and the inside of the back. The sides of the bottom seat and the sides and back of the seat back were some sort of artificial material, which admittedly was pretty close. I have a GS-350 with leather seats and the nuluxe on my CT. I guess I am just not all that discriminating but I kind of like the nuluxe better and my dog much prefers it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the nulux seats and after 6 months of use, they were wearing through on the bolster at the seam. I took to dealer and they tried to fix by using what looked like the stuff you used to see on tv to spread on and iron the pattern on. Needless to say, it did not work and Lexus would not do anything about it. This will be my last lexus, if they cannot even do seats right. My Hyundai I had before had the interior seats last a great deal longer than this. On a positive note I was able to find some great seat covers from Wet Okle.. They are great, and I do not have to see the defect from Lexus every time I get into the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lexus Seats SUX

I have the nulux seats and after 6 months of use, they were wearing through on the bolster at the seam. I took to dealer and they tried to fix by using what looked like the stuff you used to see on tv to spread on and iron the pattern on. Needless to say, it did not work and Lexus would not do anything about it. This will be my last lexus, if they cannot even do seats right. My Hyundai I had before had the interior seats last a great deal longer than this. On a positive note I was able to find some great seat covers from Wet Okle.. They are great, and I do not have to see the defect from Lexus every time I get into the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts