Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2016 CT200h F Sport. It was not equipped with the Nav package so just has a scroll wheel. I'd like Carplay.

Is there a general concensus on which headunits work best? I see Teyes, but it looks like it may not be compatible. DVDGPSNav and Grom VLine 2 are other ones I've seen here. Then there is a whole slew of them on Alibaba.

Any idea which one I should go with? Cost isn't really an issue as far as the head unit is concerned but obviously not looking to spend $2000 for some custom set up.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
393 Posts
Just got my 2016 CT200h F Sport. It was not equipped with the Nav package so just has a scroll wheel. I'd like Carplay.

Is there a general concensus on which headunits work best? I see Teyes, but it looks like it may not be compatible. DVDGPSNav and Grom VLine 2 are other ones I've seen here. Then there is a whole slew of them on Alibaba.

Any idea which one I should go with? Cost isn't really an issue as far as the head unit is concerned but obviously not looking to spend $2000 for some custom set up.
F sport 2016 without Nav? I didn't know they did that. Thought it would be standard on the f sport.

Anyway, I vote ali

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its the 2016 Special Edition. Had no clue when I bought it this was a limited run 1 of 500. Was probably the best-priced F-Sport for it's mileage in the country so I couldn't pass up the deal. I found a local installer that said he could add carplay to the stock headunit, but the module was $800 - $900 + $300 for installation, so I think I'll just go with the spotty bluetooth and my phone for now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
no nav screen base H/U, tbh didn't like ct200h with nav and console space for controls. i did tried aftermarket H/Ubut i found that using iPhones currently got iPhone Xr. as my "entertainment media display" connect via bluetooth. i didn't want to spend a lot $$ buying h/u wire harnesses and adapters to enable steering controls, etc. yea its nicer with but eyes looks downward. by using a magnetic holder attaches to the vents (left) closed it, leave right vents opens for ac/heat. its my everything also use siri, displacing any apps, gps, audio, and any apps i installed, play videos. previous i needed a magnetic phone case but the newer iPhone attaches without one and can wireless charging. pic has a speedometer app can customize look. keeps eyes focus on road while driving. newer Bluetooths versions sound better.

i have several videos, and pics. if like operations my iPhone and apple watch plus Bluetooth connectively really works flawlessly. even change siri voice to female British accents sounds so sexy lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
no nav screen base H/U, tbh didn't like ct200h with nav and console space for controls. i did tried aftermarket H/Ubut i found that using iPhones currently got iPhone Xr. as my "entertainment media display" connect via bluetooth. i didn't want to spend a lot $$ buying h/u wire harnesses and adapters to enable steering controls, etc. yea its nicer with but eyes looks downward. by using a magnetic holder attaches to the vents (left) closed it, leave right vents opens for ac/heat. its my everything also use siri, displacing any apps, gps, audio, and any apps i installed, play videos. previous i needed a magnetic phone case but the newer iPhone attaches without one and can wireless charging. pic has a speedometer app can customize look. keeps eyes focus on road while driving. newer Bluetooths versions sound better. View attachment 60922 View attachment 60923
i have several videos, and pics. if like operations my iPhone and apple watch plus Bluetooth connectively really works flawlessly. even change siri voice to female British accents sounds so sexy lol.

this only aftermarket audio related its all in one system

my ct200h did not have subwoofer so i found best upgrade multiple ways to wire. works with hem factory h/u and speakers. doesn't occupy a lot space. 8" sub. size of shoebox for boots (timberlands) lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts