Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..

Im new in this forum..

Any advise on how to maintain ct200h gearbox?

TIA

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
329 Posts
Hi..

Im new in this forum..

Any advise on how to maintain ct200h gearbox?

TIA
Some say to change the oil regularly, regularly after certain amount of miles on the car, and Lexus says don't change it at all.

I would remove the fill plug and take a sample to check the color and clarity. If its murky and discolored, I would change it. If its relatively clear and looks new, leave it alone. If you want your engine to last, add a oil catch can, or only fill the engine oil to the middle of the dipstick between the marks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some say to change the oil regularly, regularly after certain amount of miles on the car, and Lexus says don't change it at all.

I would remove the fill plug and take a sample to check the color and clarity. If its murky and discolored, I would change it. If its relatively clear and looks new, leave it alone. If you want your engine to last, add a oil catch can, or only fill the engine oil to the middle of the dipstick between the marks.
Hi, Sir

Thank u for ur reply. Yeah, quite wondering how logic was "dont change it all". Based on our daily drive and occasionally spirited driving, i do believe that oil have to be replaced and changed to maintain the gearbox.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
329 Posts
Hi, Sir

Thank u for ur reply. Yeah, quite wondering how logic was "dont change it all". Based on our daily drive and occasionally spirited driving, i do believe that oil have to be replaced and changed to maintain the gearbox.
Yeah, it defies logic based on what we know about cars. But Lexus claim these don't need fluid change. I plan to change the oil only if it is discolored and dirty. Will be taking a look at next oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts