I used to get up to 45 mpg now is 38
I wonder why. ???
i have new spark plugs. Good tires
Anyone?

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
329 Posts
You doing the some amount of driving and same route/routine? If it was exactly the same and you drop 15‰ mpg you may have a problem.

I get under 40 mpg all the time because I drive short distances and in town, but I get @44 mpg on freeway driving 65 mph max.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my Ct 200h is using more gas than before
I used to get up to 45 mpg now is 38
I wonder why. ???
i have new spark plugs. Good tires
Anyone?
Short trips and the engine will use much more fuel similarly if many stop starts. Best performance is after the engine has warmed up and then do a trip with few starts keeping speed under 80kph - 50mph and flatter roads. See what that does. With higher kms, fuel consumption increases possibly first oxygen sensor or many other reasons.

·
Registered
2014 CT200h Premium Package
2 Posts
I’m currently getting 47.4 mpg driving in normal mode keeping my speed at roughly 67 mph, mostly all freeway with some hills.... funny thing, when I bought the car it had cheap Westlake tires, I bought Michelin premier tires and it seems to have dropped just a bit in mpg’s.. I also thought city mpg’s are supposed to be better as the you drive in mainly EV mode?

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
329 Posts
I’m currently getting 47.4 mpg driving in normal mode keeping my speed at roughly 67 mph, mostly all freeway with some hills.... funny thing, when I bought the car it had cheap Westlake tires, I bought Michelin premier tires and it seems to have dropped just a bit in mpg’s.. I also thought city mpg’s are supposed to be better as the you drive in mainly EV mode?
I have pretty much the same mileage. Driving short distance/duration definitely kills the mpg. If I drive, its usually only for less that 5 miles with stop signs at every f'in intersection and get at best 38mpg. I drove eight mile a down boulevards and quickly saw my instant mpg rise to 45mpg. Driving on freeway with flow of traffic nets me slightly less.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200h Premium Navi
68 Posts
Michelin Premiers are a lot stickier during the first year. It’s probably a 3 MPG or 7% reduction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts