Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm coming in very late to this forum, but so glad I found it. We just bought a certified used 2017 CT200h. We drove it home (about 40 miles) and noticed a significant drop in the gas gauge. this was concerning because the primary reason we bought it was for the mileage. I was hoping to find more information on here (as well as any other tips and tricks that may come along). We have only had it a week and a half, so still measuring out our actual mileage as the average MPG doesn't seem to be the actual MPG. We are driving in Eco but have heard Sport mode actually gets better mileage.... I see there is some debate on that and will look forward to combing through these threads to learn more about our CT hybrid. Thanks for the forum!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Don't worry about the gas gauge, it's VERY conservative. My gas light comes on and I can still drive ~100 miles or so. Fill it, drive till you are comfortable and refill, then do your mileage calculation and see where you are at. Probably normal.

I drive in Sport because it has at least a little accerlation then (still not much). None of the modes will give you any better mileage than the other on their own, it's all in how the driver drives.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts