Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Garage Door Remote issue.

So I live in a gate community. I used to use remote control to open and close the parking gate. I programed the remote on my CT200h. It works good when I am exiting the parking area. However, when I enter, the remote does not open. With multiple pressings - I was able to open it.

I have concluded that the receiving signal box at the gate is on the left-side as I exit and it is on the right-side. And CT has remote signal emit unit on the left-side - or may be it is aiming straight. I now deliberately drive into the gate sideways in an angle while pressing the remote button on my rear view mirror - and it seems to do the job of opening the gate.

I am wondering :
1) Is there a way to boost the signal
2) Adjust the angle of the signal (so that it will aim slightly toward right. as I come to the gate.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Unless you see many others "crabbing" their way into the community, I would suggest that there is something wrong with your signal. I would ask the dealer to fix it. Escalate to Lexus if they don't satisfy you. It is supposed to work and if everyone else's is working, then something is wrong. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
200 Posts
it's NOT the car, its the RECEIVER from your gate, as you said when u go in on an angle it works ...ask them to adjust its location for you :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts