Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the garage door opener when the vehicle is off. I have a 2012 CT non-nav.
Other than not programming the buttons i don't see any way to disable it. My intention is to have it disabled when the vehicle is not running. More of a security feature for getting into the garage if the car is outside.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't believe there's a way. The Homelink system is self powered. You would have to rewire the system so that when the car turns off the Homelink system also is off. I think this would also remove all the codes though every time the car shuts off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the garage door opener when the vehicle is off. I have a 2012 CT non-nav.
Other than not programming the buttons i don't see any way to disable it. My intention is to have it disabled when the vehicle is not running. More of a security feature for getting into the garage if the car is outside.
Isn't this world funny, here I'm wishing I had Homelink in mine and you wanna disable yours!

·
380 Posts
If you lock your car, I don't see this as being an issue. Someone would have to break into your car to access the homelink. If someone wants to get into your garage, they'll figure out a way in.
Your average thief will either go straight for the garage or break into the car, but not bother looking at the homelink console.

Unless you have something really great in the garage, I wouldn't worry about it too much, people are opportunists and if there are any real roadblocks, they'll move on to an easier target.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never tried it, but I would think the ECU would disable the home link when the vehicle is locked? as far as wiring the home link to cut power, couldn't you sure in a normally open relay interrupting the power to the home link. Use the ignition accessory as the signal wire. Then when power is cut to the ignition, the relay will open and cut power to the home link.
Only issue I can see with this, is the possibility of the home link losing its programming when power is lost. Again something I have never tried as I have never needed to disconnect power to the vehicle as of yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's hardwire to the always hot. If you know what you're doing, you can change it to a hot only when car is on fuse. The auto dimming feature is on the hot only when on fuse so maybe just cut the wire fore the homelink and tap the auto dimming wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts