Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

anyone noticed that there is quite a gap between the headlamp and the bonnet?

7844_st0640_043.jpg

my question would be, will water enter the engine bay? i was fiddling with the engine this morning. then i noticed that there are no rubber or anything to block something from going into the engine bay. my only explanation for this gap is to cool the engine.

any feedback?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i am now afraid to send my car to any car wash facility as they usually use high-pressure nozzles to "wet" the car.

hmmm.. any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Believe in Lexus

Oh Ye of little faith! Whatever Lexus do they usually know what they are doing. I wouldn't worry about the carwash, although some guy recently told me I would be electrocuted if I went through one.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure if water will get in there, but I purchased my CT a few weeks ago brand new and the left headlamp had moisture in there somehow, took it to the dealer they had to take the whole bumper off in order to get the headlamp unit out and inspect it, they didn't know why it had moisture in it but got a brand new one replace under warranty :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
"Anyone noticed that there is quite a gap between the headlamp and the bonnet?"

Washing my car today i was wiping around the Hybrid Power Plant and I noticed that behind the headlight "gap" there is a ridge that is part of the headlight lens, and it seems to me that this ridge would prevent most or all water entry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts