Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, hello from Spain.

In few days I'll trade my actual 2009 3Gen prius for a lexus ct200h.

The reasons to do that are the size and the supposed more quality of the ct200h (although since visited this forum as a guest I'm seeing too many coincidences between both prius and ct).

I hope to get as good fuel consumptions as I did with the prius.

Regards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally i got rid of my prius and now i'm driving a ct200h.

First impressions: much higher interior quality, much better ride, worse mileage and ct200h seems to be 200 kg heavier than prius although i know it isn't. It looks sluggish compared to prius.

232 Posts
Congrats on your new CT. The CT baby is not more sluggish than Prius, but since CT is quieter, her manners are more gentle, and you are more comfortably seated; the perceived perception is exactly that. I had the same feeling when I test drove the newly introduced es300H at the Lexus sponsored test track event this past Saturday at the Giant Stadium in Meadowlands. The es300H is definitely more powerful than the CT with its 2.5L engine and TWO motor generators. But I was truly engulfed in the world of Lexus utmost luxury, so the perceived feeling was that it was "slower" than my CT. The es300H was eerily quiet, and sooooo smooth it was gliding through glass. But this was detrimental, for I strongly felt that CT was a lot more fun to drive.

Your new baby needs to be "broken in", then take her to a mountain twisty road, and you will see how compliant her suspension really is compared to the Prius. I got about 5K miles on my CT; and after I did the first oil change, her true character is finally emerging out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right, hookah66. My ct is still in the breaking in period. I barely remember my first miles in the prius, but i think i had the same feeling.

The first thousands km mileage is worse, and i guess battery helps less to move the car. I got my better gas consumptions with the prius after the 30000 km. So i hope the same of my new ct.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get a red CT, like your Prius, or did you get something different?

The ct is black. Not the solid one. Here in Spain is called by lexus "***** ópalo" (opal black). Is a black color but if you look at it under direct sunlight it looks dark blue.

These days i'm in such a hurry i couldn't even take some pics of the car and change my avatar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts