Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post. Just got my 15 CT F sport last week and I have a question. Does anyone use Sport mode all of the time? If so, how did that impact your mpg? So far I only use Sport mode when accelerating at an on-ramp or at a bad intersection and just wondering if I shouldn't just leave it on all of the time. If I sacrifice more than 2 or 3 mpg then I don't know if I will. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use Sport mode exclusively. I enjoy the better engine response and the improved handling compared to Normal or Eco modes, and I don't worry about any increase in fuel consumption. I just wish I could make Sport mode the default when I start the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does your MPG look like using Sport mode exclusively? I know you don't worry about the extra consumption but I'm curious what MPGs are in full-time sport mode. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
all of the settings have the same MPGs if driven in a similar fashion. using sport and slamming the pedal will get lower mpgs but so will slamming the pedal in eco. i drive in sport 95% of the time and get great MPGs

·
Registered
990 Posts
all of the settings have the same MPGs if driven in a similar fashion. using sport and slamming the pedal will get lower mpgs but so will slamming the pedal in eco. i drive in sport 95% of the time and get great MPGs
Yes! Can we finally clear the air on what sport mode is? I'm so sick of veterans on this forum claiming it makes makes their cars faster. Sport mode just changes throttle response and tightens up the steering, it does change the steering ratio.

In Eco mode the pedal may need to be depressed halfway to get 40% throttle, in sport you can push the pedal only a quarter of the way to get 40% throttle. At full throttle, pedal to the floor all modes are identical.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
414 Posts
For stop 'n go, city driving, I much prefer the feeling of the car in Sport mode. The steering and throttle are more responsive. I've had my car for 4 years now and have tried all 3 modes. I did a long drive test using all 3 on the highway and it doesn't make any difference at all in mileage. What makes a difference is how you drive the car-how fast you accelerate and your highway speed. If I go over 110 kph on the highway, my mileage suffers.
I drive in Sport mode all the time. The quicker I can get to cruising speed and back off the throttle, the better-escpecially in City driving-the more you have the car in EV mode, the better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all. First post. Just got my 15 CT F sport last week and I have a question. Does anyone use Sport mode all of the time? If so, how did that impact your mpg? So far I only use Sport mode when accelerating at an on-ramp or at a bad intersection and just wondering if I shouldn't just leave it on all of the time. If I sacrifice more than 2 or 3 mpg then I don't know if I will. Thanks.
I drive in Sport mode all the time, and once you adjust to the throttle response, I find that there is no impact on my mileage. It really depends upon your preferences in regards to how the throttle pedal responds.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't forget that Sport mode also loosens the stability and traction control systems, so you can break free a bit easier. Be careful.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi everyone

I've had the car since Jan 1 2012 and logged about 100,000 km.
my average fuel economy since i got the car is about 5.1 L/100km (including everything canadian winter, summer, city, hwy)

I can say with 100% certainty that you will get better mileage in sport mode IF you know what you are doing.

unfortunately there is no default to sport mode, but now it is second nature where that is one of the first things i do after turning it on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the other side of the coin is Eco Mode in bumper to bumper traffic. I use the Sport mode for freeways and freeway ramps. Plus that mode is great for long uphill Interstate roads. Here in Oregon to get to the coast from Portland, we have "The Coast Range", long graduated 15-20 degree climb. On Sport Mode going 40mph+ is where the CT shines. The CVT unlimited powerband. One time neck and neck with a 2012(?) Camaro going uphill, he was struggling to keep up with me, I could hear his engine straining/downshifting. As time went by and both our speeds increased, the CT was clearly the better of the two vehicles. We weren't racing, but by the time we reached the crest. He was a dot in my rear view mirror...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 2011 Ct200h and I drove that car exclusively in sport mode; steering response, braking, general feel. In the 3 years I had it I got 38.7 overall. I turn off all charging displays, turn up the tunes, and drive it fun though. Shrug.

My new 2015 f sport drives so well in normal mode that I flick to sport more out of habit. I only have 1,500 miles on her, so no real mileage data, but car claims I am getting 40.1 so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts