Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Ontario, Canada. Just ordered CL200h fully loaded. Was told delivery will be In October (Probably as 2012 model). Just wanted to know what octane people are using 87, 89, 91 or 94 ? Also does anybody know of changes In the 2012 model.

Thanks In advance for taking the time

David

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Regular 87. From what people have been saying, there is hardly any benefits if any with higher octane gas due to the design of the Atkinson cycle.

Sorry I do not know of any updates yet for 2012 model. Maybe a North-American F-Sport model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the rapid response. Also do you know if the iPhone 4 will sync with the car and download the full contact list (120 names and numbers) ?

David

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
As for the iphone. I've heard it can only be done with iOS4.1. I've heard they transfer over flawlessly. I do not own one so I can't say how it is done. You can read about it here though, since you have fully loaded with Nav it should work easily.

Bluetooth iPhone CT200h

Hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
been using 87, that was the recommended octane and have never noticed a boost in mileage or benefits when using higher than recommended on previous cars.
i do throw in a bg44k on an annual basis for my previous cars so that helps with keeping the fuel system clean.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Thanks for the rapid response. Also do you know if the iPhone 4 will sync with the car and download the full contact list (120 names and numbers) ?

David
Doesn't transfer unless you have a car with navigation.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
The car JUST came out in March 2011. The 2012 model will be released in October 2011? That seems like a pretty aggressive release schedule.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. I have ordered the car fully loaded with navigation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I do not know of any updates yet for 2012 model. Maybe a North-American F-Sport model.
Correct, at least for Canada. I was sent a copy of the 2012 VOAS (vehicle ordering guide), it shows the following changes to the 2012 lineup:

Addition of an F-sport package which adds to the premium package and excludes the technology package. Available in starfire pearl, obsidian, and ultrasonic blue mica.

Mercury grey metallic replaces smoky granite mica.

Delivery is supposed to begin in late October to early November.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In UK the minimum RON is 95, premium fuel is between 97 - 99 RON but seen little benefit of the premium due to the engine as darkride has said.
To alleviate any confusion, the Octane numbers we see at the pump in the US are not RON (Research Octane Number) but are what are called "pump" octane numbers. These are derived by dividing the RON and MON (Motor Octane Number.) RON numbers are achieved from essentially controlled lab tests while the MON are derived from engines running at specific parameters.

I very general terms the "pump" octane number is usually about 4-5 points below the RON for any given fuel.

Just
FYI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts