Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Lexus CT200h Business Line Pro , 2011, Tungsten Pearl
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read other posts about adding injector cleaner once in a while when filling up.
I have a 2011 with 189K km and fortunately have no problems with the engine making the feared noise or shuddering at startups.

I don't know in what condition the EGR parts are or if it has ever been cleaned.
Is it possible that any potential "carbon build up dirt" in the EGR system or anywhere else in the engine comes loose when I add Lucas fuel injector and will this be a risk for the engine?
Or are the EGR and fuel system two seperate things that are not "connected"?

In other words, is it safe and is it useful to add fuel injector cleaner to a perfectly fine running CT200?

FYI I mostly use EURO 95 / E10 (netherlands)

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
393 Posts
No. The cleaner will clean deposits off valves as its port injected, but has no effect after it is combusted and exhausted. The EGR system reroutes some exhaust gas to intake when ecm give the signal based on sensor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will get Lucas cleaner then and put it in with the next refill.
Appriciated!(y)

·
Registered
2013 CT200H F-sports
3 Posts
Hello MartsCT200,
once in a while I put a Fuel Injector Cleaner (Forte Fuel Systeem Cleaner). The CT200H has only about 45L gasoline to fill. So probably you can use it twice. I use Euro98 (Vpower)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @emanpi welcome! Thanks for the info. Yes I ordered Lucas cleaner because I read good reviews but I think other brands will work just as good. I sometimes use 98 too but I think it doesn't make much difference because fuel in NL is pretty "clean" anyway compared to some other countries.

·
Registered
2013 CT200H F-sports
3 Posts
Hello MartsCT200,
I notice some little difference when I use 98 or not . Especially now the euro95 has more % ethanol. With 98 I get better km/L (average atm 22,5KM/L because of bad weather in NL) and the engine sounds less grumpier. I'm going to try Red Line Complete SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've read other posts about adding injector cleaner once in a while when filling up.
I have a 2011 with 189K km and fortunately have no problems with the engine making the feared noise or shuddering at startups.

I don't know in what condition the EGR parts are or if it has ever been cleaned.
Is it possible that any potential "carbon build up dirt" in the EGR system or anywhere else in the engine comes loose when I add Lucas fuel injector and will this be a risk for the engine?
Or are the EGR and fuel system two seperate things that are not "connected"?

In other words, is it safe and is it useful to add fuel injector cleaner to a perfectly fine running CT200?
Hi
I was using fuel and injection cleaners.
But when the egr was removed
It was 99 perc clogged.
The ct is with 150k.

FYI I mostly use EURO 95 / E10 (netherlands)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m doing some research on various fuel brands I’ve read that higher tier fuels with additives will essentially do the same. So full up with Techron or She’ll V-power and that should be enough to clean valves and stuff. As far as the EGR and cooler goes, the best thing to do is remove them and physically clean them.

·
Registered
2013 CT200H F-sports
3 Posts
I’ve read that higher tier fuels with additives will essentially do the same.
Only the additives they put in those higher octane fuels contains a few percentage of a bottle.
The fuels here in the Netherlands are different than in the US. Probably cleaner, thats why I don't see much complaining about EGR cleaning of the cars here. My main reason to use euro/ron 98 or higher is that it has bio ethanol in it. Euro/ron 95 has 10% bio ethanol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree with you @emanpi on the cleaner fuel in NL. I just will try adding fuel injector cleaner with my next fill up and even if it doesn’t do anything it’s fine by me.
My car runs fine luckily and I only started to worry a bit after reading al the EGR problems on Prius and CT forums.

I did notice that most of those problems were from owners in the US or Canada or with cars that weren’t serviced regularly/on time.

I did learn a lot from reading about EGR and just for my peace of mind i will check the EGR pipe first to see how it looks. If its clogged then I will clean all the egr parts just as preventive measure.

This forum helped me a lot in understanding my first Hybrid car!👍

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree with you @emanpi on the cleaner fuel in NL. I just will try adding fuel injector cleaner with my next fill up and even if it doesn’t do anything it’s fine by me.
My car runs fine luckily and I only started to worry a bit after reading al the EGR problems on Prius and CT forums.

I did notice that most of those problems were from owners in the US or Canada or with cars that weren’t serviced regularly/on time.

I did learn a lot from reading about EGR and just for my peace of mind i will check the EGR pipe first to see how it looks. If its clogged then I will clean all the egr parts just as preventive measure.

This forum helped me a lot in understanding my first Hybrid car!👍
Don’t forget your PCV too! That is another part that gets clogged. The good thing is that it’s a very cheap part that you can replace. It’s just a bolt with a one way valve after all.

I take very good care of my CT and still had head gasket issues. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that not only is it US gas, but it’s California gas, which is probably the worst you can get in the US.

I feel that if the fuel injector cleaner isn’t hurting your car, then you should be fine. It will decrease octane, but not enough that it will matter. Every bit of preventative maintenance helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after a couple of months using Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner I can say that, for me, there is no significant difference.
Fuel consumption, engine response or any other change you might notice from a "cleaner fuel intake" is zero.
There is no difference.

Since I wasn't expecting anything, I am not complaining. I just see it as an additional cleaning of any parts related to the fuel system I guess.:).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts