Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just passed the first anniversary of owning my CT, with about 20,000 km on the odo. Until recently I found that the fuel consumption (L/100 km) shown on Multi-Information Display (MID) was consistently about 10% optimistic compared to doing the calculation manually. I've noticed that over the past half dozen fill ups that the MID data are becoming more accurate: the optimism factor is now 5%.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, what might account for the change.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've posted this before, but the computer is off by .2 l/100km consistently. I use an app called GasCubby to track all my car expenses and it's always accurate. Therefore when computer show 5.2 at fill up, the actual calculated mileage is 5.4.

I've just passed the first anniversary of owning my CT, with about 20,000 km on the odo. Until recently I found that the fuel consumption (L/100 km) shown on Multi-Information Display (MID) was consistently about 10% optimistic compared to doing the calculation manually. I've noticed that over the past half dozen fill ups that the MID data are becoming more accurate: the optimism factor is now 5%.

·
Registered
313 Posts

When I had my Prius C, I noticed a ~3 MPG difference between what the car read and what actual mileage was according to Fuelly.com, where I keep my logs. At some point later on, the difference became a consistent 1.9-2.1.

I have since switched to a CT and so far, the difference remains at about ~3 MPG.

If you look me up on fuelly.com, you'll see I keep track of the difference in MPG in the notes section on most fill ups whenever possible. Feel free to use it for comparison.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts