Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has changed their fuel type. When I bought my 2013 ct200h I was told to use 87 octane. I just had a blown headgasket (@ 96K) repair and filled up with 91 octane last night. The car started a little rough the last two mornings but this morning it sounded quieter and smoother. I am going to track the mileage but wanted this forums opinion and/or experience.

Thank you.
Gloria

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has changed their fuel type. When I bought my 2013 ct200h I was told to use 87 octane. I just had a blown headgasket (@ 96K) repair and filled up with 91 octane last night. The car started a little rough the last two mornings but this morning it sounded quieter and smoother. I am going to track the mileage but wanted this forums opinion and/or experience.

Thank you.
Gloria

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Gloria

·
Registered
14 Posts
This car's drive train is basically a Prius. Mine is a 2015 with 28000 mi, no problems yet. 87 octane seems to work good in mine. I've heard the earlier ones have had some head gasket issues. Different octane can make changes in timing but the computer does make adjustments to it. I'm staying with the 87.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts