Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to tint the front windshield with a visor and had it look good? The tint place that did my car put it on and theres a gap between where the tint ends and the windshield ends. You can see it from the outside but if u get in the car, theyve put the tint as far as it will go. Its like the windshield comes out further. Also with our rearview mirror, part of where its on the windshield is black but the other have has those dots. The tint doesnt seem to help at all with making it all look black.

in other words it looks terrible. Trying to see if anyone had beter luck than i.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think mine looks good. You do the clear nano?Anything else might get you a ticket

·
Registered
152 Posts
Let's see some pictures. I want to see how "terrible" this looks.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My tint guy advised me against it in this car...not really the type of car to do that in IMO. Curious to see pics too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like mine a lot. I've done it to every car I've owned. It's a real clean job, goes from the very top of the windshield to about 5" or 6" down, during the day it keeps my hands/arms out of the sun. Here's the only pic I have where you can see it:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I miss understood .your talking about just a tint strip on windshield . That I wouldn't think would look good

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like mine a lot. I've done it to every car I've owned. It's a real clean job, goes from the very top of the windshield to about 5" or 6" down, during the day it keeps my hands/arms out of the sun. Here's the only pic I have where you can see it:

Your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm not able to see any gaps in that picture there. I've done this to all my vehicles in the past as well, but I'm gonna shy away from it this time around as I feel like it hasn't made much of a functional difference IMO.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm not able to see any gaps in that picture there. I've done this to all my vehicles in the past as well, but I'm gonna shy away from it this time around as I feel like it hasn't made much of a functional difference IMO.

A functional difference? :eek:

If done right it should shield your forearms/hands from sunlight during the day (protecting you from !skin cancer!), and in the morning/evening it should protect your eyes from direct sunlight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know what gap your'e talking about in your post, Im trying to visualize what you're saying but I dont see where it could be. Anyways I also have mine tinted and it looks great. For the parts along the dots, it may take up to a month for the tint to shrink, dry and conform around those dots depending on how thick the film is. Mine took at least another week for it to completely dry around the dots. Now it looks perfect.

·
Registered
245 Posts

If done right it should shield your forearms/hands from sunlight during the day (protecting you from !skin cancer!), and in the morning/evening it should protect your eyes from direct sunlight.
How tall are you? I've never seen this b4. Do you think it would serve any function at all for someone 5'4"? Light blazes in below the visor on most cars. I'm not sure if the CT will be the same or if this would help. Your car looks great.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How tall are you? I've never seen this b4. Do you think it would serve any function at all for someone 5'4"? Light blazes in below the visor on most cars. I'm not sure if the CT will be the same or if this would help. Your car looks great.
I'm 6' 1". It could still cover your hands, which is my favorite part because I'm paranoid and commute constantly in the always sunny LA area.
Skin neoplasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the complement. I can not highly recommend tint enough.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

You mean during that 1/2 hour of time during the day that the sun is at the angle where it would actually hit your arms and/or hands, assuming you're driving in the direction the sun is aiming from? I've never heard of someone tinting this for that reason, it's usually to cut down on blinding sun in your eyes and not needing to use the visors or more for looks. If you're really concerned about skin cancer, you should get some removable sleeves, I saw a woman at the golf course with a pair this weekend (it was sunny & in the mid '80's, so it wasn't because she was cold).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are the gaps I was talking about. Its especially tacky in the middle where there is the large area of dots. Whoever said it takes a week to blend in with thick enough tint. What % did you do and what brand or type of tint? Ill have them redo it and see if it helps. Can you include a screenshot of how it looks? upclose if you can?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
245 Posts

I get it. Oddly enough, I walk around in the Houston heat/sunshine all summer long and never get burned.

Every time I go to LA, I end up getting burned just walking around in the 2-3 days I'm there. Something about the unrelenting sun and cloudless skies there. Not to mention the windshield glass magnifies the "frying" effect.

Most other parts of the country probably would not have this problem.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jedi767, I like those wheels...would you care to share the model #? Thanks!
Thanks, I've since switched them for TSW wheels, but the black with chrome lip is MRR GT1 18".

You mean during that 1/2 hour of time during the day that the sun is at the angle where it would actually hit your arms and/or hands, assuming you're driving in the direction the sun is aiming from? I've never heard of someone tinting this for that reason, it's usually to cut down on blinding sun in your eyes and not needing to use the visors or more for looks. If you're really concerned about skin cancer, you should get some removable sleeves, I saw a woman at the golf course with a pair this weekend (it was sunny & in the mid '80's, so it wasn't because she was cold).
You can never be too careful. And I'd probably get the sleeves and never wear them. When I switch between cars (like now I'm driving a loaner) there's no doubt that sunlight comes from the top part of the windshield straight down onto my forearms.

Here are the gaps I was talking about. Its especially tacky in the middle where there is the large area of dots. Whoever said it takes a week to blend in with thick enough tint. What % did you do and what brand or type of tint? Ill have them redo it and see if it helps. Can you include a screenshot of how it looks? upclose if you can?
I really have no idea what is going on with those gaps...It looks like someone did a zebra tint job on your windshield...Something is definitely off, or I've not been paying enough attention to whats cool on cars lately. I usually do the entire windshield and then on TOP of that layer I do a strip near the top of the windshield, never once on any car have I seen something like that. I gotta take more pics of my car, if I get a chance tomorrow I'll try and snap a few.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Jedi - any pics of the TSW's on the CT yet? Which model?

Intersting pics above, thought I though that's normal, as I didn't think the tint would adhere to that black treatment on the glass (i.e. where the dots are)?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jedi - any pics of the TSW's on the CT yet? Which model?

Intersting pics above, thought I though that's normal, as I didn't think the tint would adhere to that black treatment on the glass (i.e. where the dots are)?
A good tint shop can always adhere to the dots and make it still look clean. I'll take some pics of both the my tint & the wheels and have them up later today.

I'm seeing now that the stripes are a reflection I believe of your garage ceiling? So the only problem is the border around the tint strip? I'll still get pics of what it looks like taken all the way out to the edges.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A good tint shop can always adhere to the dots and make it still look clean. I'll take some pics of both the my tint & the wheels and have them up later today.

I'm seeing now that the stripes are a reflection I believe of your garage ceiling? So the only problem is the border around the tint strip? I'll still get pics of what it looks like taken all the way out to the edges.

yeah its a reflection from the covered parking at work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts