Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a state (Cali) that requires both front and rear license plates to be displayed, but there is no place to attach one in the front. Is this something I should get my Lexus dealer to install or is it OK not to have one in this case (probably best answered by other Cali drivers).

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Try getting a tow hook license plate holder if you don't want holes drilled in your front. You definitely need plates. You will get pulled over or get ticketed while parked.

Definitely lucky your car didn't come predrilled with holes in the front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in a state (Cali) that requires both front and rear license plates to be displayed, but there is no place to attach one in the front. Is this something I should get my Lexus dealer to install or is it OK not to have one in this case (probably best answered by other Cali drivers).
Mine came with a holder. The plate was not just bolted straight onto the bumper. Your dealer should give you one of the holders if you ask. If they don't, complain. They exist.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm in Cali and regularly hire a homeless person as my front license plate holder, with the bonus being I can also use the carpool lane.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a local sign shop make a decal to be my front license "plate" on reflective vinyl.....pretty sure it is not legal, but will find out if I get pulled over. Hopefully, the cops won't notice if they just glance as I drive by. It looks a little high on the bumper, but I thought I'd give it a shot.....what do ya'll think? The nice part is, I didn't have to drill any holes in the bumper and I think I gained 1 mpg.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had a local sign shop make a decal to be my front license "plate" on reflective vinyl.....pretty sure it is not legal, but will find out if I get pulled over. Hopefully, the cops won't notice if they just glance as I drive by. It looks a little high on the bumper, but I thought I'd give it a shot.....what do ya'll think? The nice part is, I didn't have to drill any holes in the bumper and I think I gained 1 mpg.....
???? Is that a new TX lic plate? I've never seen a TX plate look like that. I'll bet a state trooper or even better a small town good ol' boy would gladly give you a ticket for that. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.