Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I traded-in my 2010 HS250h w/Sport Package on a new 2013 CT200h F-Sport a couple of weeks ago. The CT200h is my third hybrid, preceded by a 2006 Prius and the HS. Lexus Canada had some good incentives on 2013s and I decided to take the plunge. Now that I've seen the first photos of the exterior of the 2014 CT, and having heard about the minor tweaks to the interior, I have no regrets about saving money by getting the "old" model.

I now have a bit over 1,600 km (1,000 mi) on the car. Here are a few of my initial impressions.
1) Great handling, yet with a smoother ride than the HS.
2) Very fuel efficient: after four fill-ups I'm averaging 6 L/100 km or 39.5 mpg US, and that's without making any special effort to maximize fuel efficiency.
3) A few more hp would be nice.
4) I wish there was a way to have Sport mode as a default setting.

Some questions.
1) I've set the tach to always be on, but as stated in the owner's manual, when the cruise control is "on" the display reverts to the (boring) Hybrid System Indicator. No one at my dealership can provide a reason why Lexus has done this. What's the problem with having the tach displayed all the time?
2) I have the headlights set to "automatic." I've noticed that in the morning it is dark enough for the headlights to come on as soon as I start the car. However, the instrument panel lights do not come on until the car has been driven for 30 seconds or so. Is this "normal?"

There is one problem with my car that will be fixed under warranty. As delivered, the windshield is covered with tiny scratches or nicks that are visible when the sun is low in the sky. If you live where the streets are sanded during the winter you know what a windshield looks like after 2-3 years. That's how mine looks new. The service manager at my dealership agreed that the windshield is defective and has ordered a replacement.

Jay
Winnipeg, Canada
2013 CT200h F-Sport (Ultra White)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also had a 2010 HS250, now have a 2012 CT200 F-sport, only mine is in black. I wish they had a sport package for the HS here in the states, might have made it a better car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts