Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just picked up my 2012 CT200h Premium two days ago after trading in a 2012 WRX (yes, a 2012 for a 2012). Gas has been getting out of control, and the WRX was just an animal. I wanted something more practical and adult, if that makes any sense. I got a pretty awesome deal on the "new" 2012 CT since the dealership was trying to unload the last few in favor of the 2013's. It had 7 miles at the time of purchase, and it was just sitting on the showroom floor.

It's taking some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll grow to appreciate the CT over the WRX. Apples and oranges, i know. Ordered the Trident Rims, F Sport springs, LEDS (interior and plate), yellow fogs (wrx throwback). I'm toying with the idea of ordering a HID kit, but I'll probably hold off on that for now.

I'll toss up a few pictures later.

Anyways...the DEETS!

2012 CT200h Premium
Nebula Grey Pearl
Ecru NuLuxe
No Nav
Illuminated Sills
Remote Start
Cargo net
All weathers (and trunk)
Stupid lexus trunk film stuff

· Registered
41 Posts
Btw ... youre going to do sways right? Gotta do the f sport sways!

youre a former wrx owner I can skip the "why should u buy sways" part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The sways were part of my "must have" list. We found this one with the blue sways and the blue springs already on it. It's a 2012 that never sold, so the dealership had a manager's special on it of $6, 000 off the sticker. It even has the illuminated door sills. I guess being a lowered car in Denver is a deterrent for most people. I got a smoking deal on a brand new car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
4 Posts
Another WRX to CT guy. Had 4 different WRX's since 02. My last one was a WRB 03 WRX with a full 07 STI drive train, brembo's, 20G, APS FMIC etc. Not much on the car was stock anymore. Also picked up a 2013 F-Sport. Springs and sways go on next Monday. Have a set of 17X8 gold OZ Ultraleggera from a previous Silver 04 WRX. Just need to pick up TPMS and tires for them.

Definitely a different driving experience. Im happy with the car, but I miss having a fast car.

· Premium Member
874 Posts
I find the title of the thread ironic. If you want power /performance then the CT200h isn't for you. I still like the CT200h but also like performance and MANUAL SHIFTING. The WRX is fast especially the STi but kind-of- rough around the corners, noisy ,and not too good on gas. But hey to each his own. I like the Ford Focus ST; brings a smile to my face every time I drive, quiet on the highway, and is "pretty easy on the gas".
Speaking of "pretty easy on the gas", that is one cost and people tend to give it a lot more credence than it deserves. It is only one cost factor, not the only one! If total cost-of-ownership is your overall goal, then the CT200h is obviously not the best choice. You can drive a lot more cost effective alternatives.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
midcow3, I'm talking two totally different types of cars. If I wanted power and performance, I wouldn't have gotten the CT. Let alone a hybrid. Total cost of ownership on this bad boy is going to be pretty swell. Long history with the dealership, service manager is a good friend, etc. I see where you were going with the comments, though. I'm still wildly happy with the switch.

But, after being in the CT for a few days now, I really don't miss the WRX at all. The power was great, and AWD was nice, but it didn't make up for the 3.2 mile home to work commute. Plus, it attracted all sorts of stupid attention. I remember seeing the two cars sitting next to each other at the dealership and thinking how much more.... refined and elegant the CT looked in comparison. Sure, I do miss the speed, occasionally. But, the finesse of the CT makes up for that any day.

As for everyone talking up the sways, I know the springs are totally going on the CT, but now I'm considering going with the sways before the rims. But, the parts departement offered $600 for the rims and $239 for the springs. i haven't asked for a deal on the sways yet.

· Registered
3 Posts
I too am in the same boat as the OP! I had an 11 STi prior which I traded for an EVO X and now traded the Evo for the CT. My wife and I are making a cross country trip from CT to CA. The CT will definitely help us on saving $$ on gas. I like the car but I do miss the speed!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well...that didn't last long. At all.

I sold the CT200h and picked up a 2013 WRX Limited. I just missed driving and having fun. MPGs can suck it. Still, the CT200h was an awesome, solid car. I'm sure I'll be back on the Lexus wagon at some point, but for now, my heart remains with Subaru.

Does this count as a good bye post?

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Well...that didn't last long. At all.

I sold the CT200h and picked up a 2013 WRX Limited. I just missed driving and having fun. MPGs can suck it. Still, the CT200h was an awesome, solid car. I'm sure I'll be back on the Lexus wagon at some point, but for now, my heart remains with Subaru.

Does this count as a good bye post?
Well, I was kind of in the same boat, but I kept the CT200h. I still drive it just not as much because I like to shift and have fun driving. One question if you are still around ... I have heard the 2013 WRX Limited has good performance , but is noisy and has kind of cheesy plastic interior... Care to comments?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I was kind of in the same boat, but I kept the CT200h. I still drive it just not as much because I like to shift and have fun driving. One question if you are still around ... I have heard the 2013 WRX Limited has good performance , but is noisy and has kind of cheesy plastic interior... Care to comments?
The limited has that nice mixture of creature comforts (HID, leather, navigation, etc.), but it's still a WRX. The interior is very...spartan. The leather and navigation with the sunroof make up for it in my opinion. Performance is out of this world for what it costs, however. So far, no rattles or squeaks at all. I'm sure they will pop up sooner rather than later, but it's apples and oranges when comparing a Subaru to a Lexus. If anyone was to look at a WRX, the limited is the only way to fly. It's a car that's just made to be driven with some nicer features, and that is the point. If plushness and finesse is important, you want a totally different kind of car.

The best way I have to explain it, is that the car is just raw. But as for the interior, it's super honest. It does what it is supposed to do, and rather nicely. It doesn't try to be something it's not (i.e. luxury), but it succeeds at giving you the performance, nice response, and the mechanical sounds you appreciate and want to hear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.