Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our new 2012 CT on Monday and decided to take a trip down to the state my wife and I grew up in. The trip was going great, the AC was doing wonders, all aspects of an excellent vehicle were being enjoyed to the fullest.

Then..jumping deer. The infernal beast appeared from behind a grove of trees running full speed into our lane of the road. My wife did a good job of swerving and trying to miss the deer, but ..now we have a beater with 877 new miles on it. The right front fender and the passenger door look....look like a deer hit it doing 65.
I love the car, feel like crap and had to vent...thanks.
I don't want bondo and do want a new fender and door..now the fight begins with the Insurance Co., hopefully it will not be a fight...

I did not want to bring anyone down, just wanted to vent..thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to hear that!!! The first dent/hit etc is always shocking and kinda hurts actually... however, of the fact that it could have been a lot worse.. deers can do a hell of a lotta damage to a car and therefore to u guys.

Its def worth it to see what the insurance co will compensate as its intentional. Do you have comprehensive coverage? If so then it looks like there's a good change they'll cover it.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-01-03-deer-insure-usat_x.htm

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , full coverage. Meeting with them Monday. I am sure the repair will turn out fine and we were lucky. I have seen what was left of a VW bug after hitting a deer head-on. It was in the front seat and the driver was just like the deer..dead.

Thanks for the input..it's just a shock to see a pristine new car go to hell in half a second.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.