Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CT200h
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 2011 CT200h and recently the four-way flashers have come on all by themselves (even when the car is turned off) and they cannot be turned off. I have verified that the dashboard switch is not defective. Dealer says the problem is due to a faulty brake sensor module and has quoted over $5000 for the repair - more than the value of the car... I have pulled the fuse on that circuit to turn them off, but now the turn signals don't work.

1) Has anyone seen this before, and if so, is there a cheap fix?
2) Are there separate flasher units for the turn signals and hazard lights, so I might be able to disconnect the hazard flasher unit but leave the turn signals functional?
3) Could the ECU be re-programmed to ignore the faulty brake sensor signal?
4) Any other good ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H F Sport Ultrasonic Blue
9 Posts
Hello all. I have a 2011 CT200h and recently the four-way flashers have come on all by themselves (even when the car is turned off) and they cannot be turned off. I have verified that the dashboard switch is not defective. Dealer says the problem is due to a faulty brake sensor module and has quoted over $5000 for the repair - more than the value of the car... I have pulled the fuse on that circuit to turn them off, but now the turn signals don't work.

1) Has anyone seen this before, and if so, is there a cheap fix?
2) Are there separate flasher units for the turn signals and hazard lights, so I might be able to disconnect the hazard flasher unit but leave the turn signals functional?
3) Could the ECU be re-programmed to ignore the faulty brake sensor signal?
4) Any other good ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Make sure the battery is good and fully charged. A bad battery can create a lot of electrical issues.

that’s what I’d check first!

·
Registered
2011 CT200h
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@pbbjitsu Thanks for the advice, but just to be crystal clear, do you mean the small starter battery in the rear cargo area, or the large hybrid battery pack?

·
Registered
2011 CT200h
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@pbbjitsu OK thanks - I'll try that this weekend and report back. I appreciate you taking the time to suggest this.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@pbbjitsu So I swapped the battery out for a brand new one, and lo and behold, the flasher problem was solved! So I took the car for a fill-up (5 minute drive) and was re-assembling the cargo area... and the flashers came on again, by themselves, while the car was sitting in the driveway powered off. So I put my BlueDriver in the OBS II port and ran a full diagnostic. The only error code that pops up is a failing rear RH speed sensor, which seems to be triggering false signals to the ABS system. In your opinion, would this make sense? If the car sensed a faulty speed sensor, would it turn off the ABS system and trigger the hazards in order to warn the driver of the situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H F Sport Ultrasonic Blue
9 Posts
@pbbjitsu So I swapped the battery out for a brand new one, and lo and behold, the flasher problem was solved! So I took the car for a fill-up (5 minute drive) and was re-assembling the cargo area... and the flashers came on again, by themselves, while the car was sitting in the driveway powered off. So I put my BlueDriver in the OBS II port and ran a full diagnostic. The only error code that pops up is a failing rear RH speed sensor, which seems to be triggering false signals to the ABS system. In your opinion, would this make sense? If the car sensed a faulty speed sensor, would it turn off the ABS system and trigger the hazards in order to warn the driver of the situation? Thanks in advance for your help!
Maybe but I’m not at all sure. Check the post link below....they had a sensor issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts