Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just saw a commercial on the ford cmax. I said to my wife "man that thing is small".

My wife says,"your car is that small"

No way right. I looked up the specs. Our ct is smaller than this ford car. I am amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was having my windows tinted on Thursday, the installer took me outside to show me a new C-Max that he was doing. Although I'm not a Ford fan, this thing did look nice; Sony stereo, leather seating, etc. And to open and close the hatch, you just need sweep your foot along under the rear bumper...very cool. Definitely bigger than the CT, but it's still a Ford.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have had some very good Fords. I remember well my 65 Mustang GT Hi-Performance fastback. I still have a 2004 T-Bird which I use at night and in Key West, when I go there periodically. As I said, they have made some good cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a 1995 Mustang GT that was awful. And the dealers treated me like crap. That said, our office has a 2011 Fusion Hybrid, and it's been trouble-free. So maybe their car quality has improved, but their customer service probably hasn't. The C-Max certainly seems to offer a lot of features, more horsepower, and 47 mpg, but I don't think they'll ever compete with Lexus quality.

For fun, I did a search for a C-Max owners forum. Their General Discussion page had topics like "C-Max dies when I put in reverse" and "needed a jump start again"...

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'd take new Fusion hybrid over my CT any day. More horsepower, more MPG, more space and IMO I think it looks great. I wouldn't touch Ford 5+ years ago but now they have really stepped up their game. They are up there with the high end Asian automakers.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd take new Fusion hybrid over my CT any day. More horsepower, more MPG, more space and IMO I think it looks great. I wouldn't touch Ford 5+ years ago but now they have really stepped up their game. They are up there with the high end Asian automakers.

I'm of the same opinion as you. Ford has come a long way and now builds a very good quality car and has some very nice body lines. I don't think the CTs are all that... and I'm not wild about the electronics in any Lexus -- even the new ones. I'm not a Lexus hater because Lexus does build a good car, but I wish I would have shopped around more when I bought my hybrid. I don't think I'll get my money out of the car when I sell it.

My neighbor has a C-Max and loves it. It's got a lot more room in the back seat than the CT and it even has AC/heating vents from the center console directed to the back seat. It's good looking and has great pickup, too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
For fun, I did a search for a C-Max owners forum. Their General Discussion page had topics like "C-Max dies when I put in reverse" and "needed a jump start again"...
At least they didn't mention anything about the door handles falling off in your hand when you open the door like in the CT forum. And, I wonder if the C-Max makes strange noises in the middle of the night? :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well you and Don could probably trade you CT's in and drive away with shiny new Fords straight across, whats stoppin' Ya:)?

Maybe its stuff like this

Drive On: EPA reviewing Ford's gas mileage claims

Ford may have turned it around but only time will tell and I need quite a bit more time before I'd buy one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was seriously considering the C-max before buying my CT a couple days ago. However many people in the forums were saying they were getting significantly fewer mpg than advertised. In fact, I read the EPA is now re-assessing the mpg claims on the C-max and Fusion hybrid. This was the primary reason I went Lexus (though I also couldn't really justify NOT spending an extra $5k for a Lexus over a Ford).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts