Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
IMO The back is a bit ugly, but the front and side look great.
I don't like:
- flat area above tail lights
- little vertical line thing at the bottom of rear bumper

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with hdave. For me, car looks great in all angles except 3/4 rear or straight from the rear. Basically, the rear flat looking design including the bumper is least appealing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
if we are going to end up on the same list as a Porsche Panamera (which i actually think does not look like an ugly car), i think i'll take that. this is so subjective...i can think of at least 3 cars not on this list that "deserve" to be on it: Nissan Cube, Nissan Quest, Honda Insight....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not one person who has seen my car thinks it's ugly. In fact, everyone compliments on its looks. So I'm not sure where all the 'experts' are.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's definitely a matter of perspective... my perspective is the first time I saw a CT on the street my jaw dropped. I liked everything about it. Can't remember the last time I was that wide-eyed about a car. I even like the back.

I think it looks high end and luxurious, but still masculine and sporty.

I will say I vastly prefer the F-sport trident rims to the stock rims, though, in terms of OEM wheels.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As they say here in Austria: Wess' Wein ich trink', dess' Lied ich sing'!

Meaning: You can buy anything, even - or better - especially opinions...

·
Registered
371 Posts
There are areas of every vehicle that look really good and then there are some areas that look just so-so to downright ugly. My overall opinion is that the CT looks great and is well styled but like others on here have said, I too agree that the back view of the CT is not very appealing.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Forbes doesn't know squat...Porsche Panamera too? Really? Come on.

I think one of the ugliest cars of all times is the Pontiac Aztek...when I see those on the road, I cringe!

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
this is the same article that also called the Porsche Panamera ugly..
ehh... totally discredited. Both Ct200 and Panamera are beautiful cars

sounds like a hater wrote the list.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's a bit silly this thread has already gone on for two pages. I mean: who cares what anybody thinks about the way your car reflects the light on their retinas? Is it really important? Who cares how the car looks from the outside, when you're sitting inside, doing what you bought the thing for: driving it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Some of them yeah, fair enough. Ugly as sin.

I'm thinking of :
Mini Coupe (just looks wrong, ditches the aim-for-cute Mini design for something that looks like a Mini that's been made longer with no thought of integrating that extra length into the styling)
Smart Pure Coupe (although I suspect this is just my engineer brain being affronted by a shopping cart on wheels without space for shopping being allowed on my roads)
Acura ZDX - meh

But stuff like the Transit Connect shouldn't be in there, it's a van ! And it looks like what a van should look like : being able to carry stuff. Looks are irrelevant there. And it's not bad looking either, for a van ;).

Still, it's good to in the same company as a Porsche :D

Cars that should be on this list : (taking Car reviews as a crib sheet)
Opel Rak-E, Pug 308 (boring), Renault Frendzy (almost as bad as the horrendous Multipla), Chryslers, Mia Electric

I suspect you could exchange the title "Ugliest cars" for "Cars they didn't let me test drive" and get closer to the truth behind this list :cool:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I happen to think the Porsche Panamera (or whatever it is called) is butt ugly. But I don't go around telling people that, because I am reasonably sure that no one cares what I think about a car I don't own. I like the looks of the CT. Who appointed Forbes as the arbiter of good taste or beauty? Who cares?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry but the Porsche Panamera is ugly as all hell. CT looks nice, but back view is not the most becoming. It appears a little too bottom heavy, and squared.

·
Registered
197 Posts
we all know the ugliest lexus car last year is the remolded corolla renamed hs250 and yet that doesnt make the list
the ugliest cars last year is either the Nissan Juke or Cube. such an eye sore.

·
Registered
371 Posts
we all know the ugliest lexus car last year is the remolded corolla renamed hs250 and yet that doesnt make the list
the ugliest cars last year is either the Nissan Juke or Cube. such an eye sore.
You are so right, the Nissan Juke is butt ugly for sure. Remember the Pontiac Aztek? They couldn't even give those cars away because they were so ugly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts