Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted a black plastic rear bumper guard like I've had on every car. I did not want a shiny accessory that has a huge logo which does not seem to cover well, so I looked to aftermarket.

Ebay seemed to have tons for $10 - $20, they seem to roll up so that made me think they are probably junk. I ordered one anyway. I was right. I would never put this on any car. It felt like soft flimsy silicone rubber. I did not see how it should adhere to the bumper with the 1/4" roll of tape they provided. I believe it would easily roll or fall off if I tried. I suggest you don't bother if you are looking for any actual rub protection or want it to last more than 6 months.

I ordered the one from dawn enterprises, I was not thrilled that it seems the model for our vehicle also fits a Chevy Malibu since I wanted a custom fit. Well it fits fairly well and is basically what I wanted. Hard plastic although not as solid as all my past guards on past cars, it will do the job.

I got mine on amazon

I do not see anyone talking about this one so I thought I'd put it out here. I am not affiliated with them in any way. I realize many of you guys want the bling of the OEM. Maybe this post will help someone else that doesn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just wanted a black plastic rear bumper guard like I've had on every car. I did not want a shiny accessory that has a huge logo which does not seem to cover well, so I looked to aftermarket.

Ebay seemed to have tons for $10 - $20, they seem to roll up so that made me think they are probably junk. I ordered one anyway. I was right. I would never put this on any car. It felt like soft flimsy silicone rubber. I did not see how it should adhere to the bumper with the 1/4" roll of tape they provided. I believe it would easily roll or fall off if I tried. I suggest you don't bother if you are looking for any actual rub protection or want it to last more than 6 months.

I ordered the one from dawn enterprises, I was not thrilled that it seems the model for our vehicle also fits a Chevy Malibu since I wanted a custom fit. Well it fits fairly well and is basically what I wanted. Hard plastic although not as solid as all my past guards on past cars, it will do the job.

I got mine on amazon

I do not see anyone talking about this one so I thought I'd put it out here. I am not affiliated with them in any way. I realize many of you guys want the bling of the OEM. Maybe this post will help someone else that doesn't.

View attachment 60618
Good idea. Extra protection is always better. We'll be working on the CT200 soon after we finished installing the set of tires from 4 Wheelonline onto the truck this week. I'll add that to the list.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
24 Posts
$64 is expensive for non oem rubber. At that price you might as well go FULL OEM for less than $83!!!

Reactions: Haha_jizzjizz

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree it seems expensive for a piece of plastic, except I hate the way the OEM one looks and it barely covers. I far prefer the one I got. I tried getting one of the cheap ones on eBay, what a joke that was. I posted this for anyone else that does not like the OEM version, and so they can save themselves the hassle I went through. If you like the OEM version looks, more power to you.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
24 Posts
Thanks for sharing about trunk protector that you did buy. I guess its good to have a good non oem option. Additionally I have seen that version on Amazon plenty of times but no reviews on the website so thanks for posting it was much appreciated!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts