Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for Ontario Canada buyers of the ct 200..did you get a rebate for this vehicle and how much if so...not sure if this vehicle qulafies for this vehicle..also how many kms on a tank and how much to fill

thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
no, they stopped rebates for hybrid cars a couple of years back for ontario. right now, the only cars eligible for government rebates are full electric cars like chevy volt or tesla, and plug-in hybrids

CT200h is not a plug-in hybrid

how many kms on a tank depends on how soon you go to fill up gas when the gas light comes on. the tank has a 45L capacity, but the warning light turns on when it still has 10-12L of gas left. you can try pushing it to the last drop but i dont want to risk it. anyways for me i tend to fill up gas when the light comes on even though i know there is still alot left in the tank. in this situation, when i fill it up it takes about 32-33L to fill to full, and the car takes regular gas. it takes me around 520-540km before the warning light comes up given recent weather and temperature conditions. how much it cost to fill depends on the gas price and since it's pretty crazy lately its not worth discussing the actual cost; i have given you the L and km, im sure you can calculate the rest

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just filled up last night, I was at ~610km and put in 33.x litres

after your first few months, you'll learn how to drive it and improve your mileage

·
Registered
246 Posts
hdave, whats your secret of getting that high mileage? i got my ct 2 months ago still learning how to achieve best mileage, which i find to be challenging especially when i am on an uphill.

·
Registered
486 Posts
no secret really.
i do a tun of stop and go city driving
i am a person who's never really cold, so i don't run heat much
daytime drive is stop and go, or late at night i do a lot of pulse and glide since there are not lots of cars to bother
i run sport mode all the time, disabled the tach so i see the eco guage
the other meter is on instantaneous fuel economy
im a small dude, so i dont weight much

·
Registered
57 Posts
The CT is not really about the least cost per mile, but more about driving pleasure efficiently. A Honda Accord hybrid or Prius would be less money per mile. The CT is nicer and more fun to drive and looks better too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts