Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. New CT owner.. First mod I did was install the HID's on my lowbeams this past weekend... Everything went fine and the HID's turn on great (Kensun HID 6000K from Amazon)...

No flickering issues at all... The issue I did find was that the fog lights now dont turn on at all.. Not sure if the low beam install did anything funky to it.. no fuses are burnt and when I turn the fogs on from the light stalk, the fog light logo or icon turns on fine on the dash...

Not sure what the issue is...

I did an extensive search online and the only thing I found was reverse polarity issue... When I installed the HID on one side, the HID light didnt turn on so it said to unplug it and plug it in reverse which I did and BOOM, the lights came on...

I would like to get the fogs back on at some point if anyone had this issue before would love to hear how you fixed it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you use a relay or did you plug the HID bulbs directly into the stock sockets?

The only thing I can think of is something got screwed up in the electronics - but I have virtually no knowledge of the ct electrical systems :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the HID bulbs that came with ballast and igniters... I dont think there is a relay in there... Can that be problem?

·
Registered
383 Posts
you could easily unplug the hid's and see if the fog lights come back on.
also check the 10 amp tail light fuse, that effects the fog lights too. Basically the stalk switch goes to the ECM which controls the relays to the fog lights. both the 15 amp fog light fuse and 10 amp tail light fuse need to be good for the fogs to come on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts