Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even at the highest height adjustment, I'm finding that the steering wheel is too close to my legs (and I don't think I'm a big person). Some Lexus with memory are nice in that the steering wheel automatically moves up & in when you turn the ignition off. Since we don't have that, I'm toying with the idea of looking for a flat-bottom steeringwheel replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steering wheel is already all way up, seat is already all way down.

IMHO a flat bottom wheel would make a huge difference. I test drove an Audi TT recently with one, had Jo problems getting in/out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have you pulled the steering wheel out towards you? It telescopes as well as tilts. When I was driving my car home from the dealership, I kept hitting my knee on the steering wheel when I went from the gas pedal to the brake. I was concerned, because I didn't remember having that problem when I took a test drive (If I had, I never would have bought the car). As soon as I remembered that the steering wheel telescopes, I pulled it closer to me, which caused it to raise more and the problem disappeared.

That having been said, I would like it if the steering wheel tilted higher than it does. It would make it easier for a big fat-*** like me to get in and out of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
That having been said, I would like it if the steering wheel tilted higher than it does. It would make it easier for a big fat-*** like me to get in and out of the car.
:eek: LOL!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Have you pulled the steering wheel out towards you? It telescopes as well as tilts. When I was driving my car home from the dealership, I kept hitting my knee on the steering wheel when I went from the gas pedal to the brake. I was concerned, because I didn't remember having that problem when I took a test drive (If I had, I never would have bought the car). As soon as I remembered that the steering wheel telescopes, I pulled it closer to me, which caused it to raise more and the problem disappeared.

Bill,

I am a pretty big guy too :eek:, am I am able to fit comfortably in the car.

MidCow3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.